You’ll need to have:
- 1yr+ experience with demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, repair, and provide qualification services
- Lab and/or field service experience
- Be able to travel by air, vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires. Travel will vary depending on territory requirements and/or customer base.
- Valid driver’s license. While performing the duties of this position you need to maintain safe motor vehicle operation
- Previous experience using Microsoft 365
- Previous experience with analytical instrumentation
- Previous Military experience
- Technical certification and previous experience combination
- A.S or BA degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering.
What will you be doing?
Enhance the Customer Experience
- Install, maintain, validate and repair PerkinElmer and/or multi vendor instrumentation at customer sites with best-in-class service
- Provide scheduled and unscheduled corrective maintenance for customers including warranty services within a prescribed time frame and established maintenance protocols
- Deliver customer familiarization for instrument operation and maintenance
- Communicate service offerings including training, support, software, laboratory services products and field upgrades
- Partner with our customers to understand their analytical workflow and applications
Support your Team
- Support the local instrument sales representative(s) to help secure new instrument orders
- Provide service that helps to drive the sale of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing service contracts
- Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills and actively interface with peers and customers
- Develop organizational awareness of other functional groups and product lines
Drive Organizational Growth
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the installation, warranty, and service agreement documentation standards
- Contribute to account profitability through efficient execution and service delivery
- Maintain assigned assets including: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment (MTE), telecommunication equipment, assigned service parts inventory, etc.
- Complete all administrative tasks to include but not limited to time reporting, assigned training, etc.
- The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.