Locations available: Rensselaer, Tarrytown, or Westchester County NY and Waltham, MA.
Life science laboratories require advanced informatics solutions in order to operate effectively and efficiently. This role would be responsible for supporting researchers in the expert use of these systems.
The right candidate would have laboratory experience and a background in supporting scientific applications, especially Waters Nugenesis and SDMS. This position requires knowledge of Windows scientific application and the Waters environment in order to diagnose issues and manage the application, but does not require day-to-day infrastructure management (OS provisioning, OS patching, etc.)
This employer encourages people of color and women to apply.
- Provide Level 1-2 support for scientific applications, including Nugenesis
- Gather requirements from users for enhancements or patches
- Manage existing templates and configuration
- Install and configure application enhancements
- Manage application user lifecycle management
- Perform unit testing
- Work with software vendors for application troubleshooting
- Coordinate with other support teams within the organization
- Some off-hours support may be required to install application upgrades or monitor/verify OS patches or upgrades
- Technical SME
- Project Management
- Change control management/execution
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer withot requiring further sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Life Science or Technical field
- Experience with Waters Nugenesis/Empower Required
- Experience with scientific applications (Empower, Pipeline Pilot, Spotfire) desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good requirements analysis & documentation experience
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities; ability to deal with and resolve conflicts
- Previous in-lab experience desired
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.