Oncology is a core area of intensive focus at GSK, and while much progress has been made in the past few years, more can be done to REDEFINE EXPECTATIONS in cancer care. As we look to redefine expectations in oncology, we need experienced, entrepreneurial-minded leaders to help us on this journey.
Are you an experienced Oncology Sales Professional looking to be part of an innovative, dynamic and growing organization? GSK’s US Oncology team is looking for Oncology Account Managers to manage the sales and business activities within a defined geographical business area. Key to this position is the ability to drive sales, leverage customer relationships and impact a variety of customer segments. This includes the design and implementation of business plans intended to increase revenue from targeted customers based upon strategic business analysis. You will understand and leverage roles and responsibilities of the cross functional team to drive sales results. These partners include Marketing, Medical Affairs, Market Access and Commercial Operations. Ideal candidates will have a deep knowledge of customers and accounts within oncology, as well as the local dynamics that influence business in their area.
Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn’t be clearer – we are fueled by a personal passion to give our customers and our patients MORE. More of ourselves, more to fight for and more moments that matter!
This role will provide/gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for driving area sales results and ensuring open patient access to GSK therapies
- Develop and execute area business plans
- Identify and apply resources to the development of key prescribers/key account drivers within area
- Engage proactively with key customers and account groups to ensure the promotion of both GSK therapies and company image
- Work cross functionally to maximize brand availability and exposure within key accounts
- Work collaboratively with team and Regional Sales Director to ensure successful launch and/or ongoing promotion of branded products
- Engage with Regional Sales Director and cross functional partners on the development of programs and activities that will result in increased access to customers
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor level degree
- Minimum 8 years of pharmaceutical sales experience.
- Minimum 3 years oncology and/or hematology oncology experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Multiple myeloma experience preferred
- Product marketing, specialty pharmacy, payer and state society experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation and priority-setting in order to complete assignments on-time and on-budget
- Proven ability to think strategically and work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the company.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.