Manages the day to day execution of Site Level support service programs to meet customer objectives. Drives teamwork, communication, and efficiency through the Customer Service Engineers, Lab Ambassadors, and Work Flow Specialists to meet day to day objectives. Manage the daily balance of emergency service, preventative service, and normal daily schedule changes. Also provides partnership support with OEM vendor service programs. Conduct monthly review meetings to review outstanding items.
Accountable to the Area Manager and General Manager, the Site Leader ensures the delivery of best-in-class customer support (service, preventive maintenance, laboratory services, and parts inventories) through effective resource planning and deployment and team and business development of the on-site team. Act as a primary point of contact for all local site issues. Responsible for managing on-site service resources within this assigned group to achieve established revenue and profitability goals and the customer SLA’s. Interface with the Area Manager and/or General Manager on a frequent basis to review operational performance, customer satisfaction status, staffing optimization and business expansion opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage on-site service team to provide maintenance and support of in-scope equipment to insure best-in-class service within established time frame in the assigned OneSource account
- Mentor and train staff at client location regarding best in class customer support, follow up communication and specific product line skills to drive growth and customer satisfaction
- Work with Area Manager and/or General Manager to ensure on-site team is efficiently deployed and has proper training with cross training opportunities defined
- Ensure adequate planning and coordination of coverage to meet customer needs and achieve established operational metrics
- Interpret SOW and associated agreements and ensure that resources are deployed consistently with defined objectives
- Act as liaison between on-site staff and support to escalate critical issues
- Collaborate with Area Manager and/or General Manager to drive talent development, overall business performance, and succession planning
- Take an active role in developing on-site resources through mentoring and/or training activities
- Accountable for all assigned staff administrative duties; including on-boarding, work hour documentation/approval, expense report approval, time-off, etc.
- Address disciplinary and/or performance problems when necessary in accordance with company policy
- Actively participate in compiling monthly and quarterly reports per the KPI/SLA requirements
- Work with on-site and back office teams to obtain data, interpret, format and present to the customer
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Electronics related discipline.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience with analytical laboratories and/or service delivery
- Prior supervisory experience desired
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accurate data
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer communication via telephone and email
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in use of SAP systems and MS Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills.
- Prior experience and proficiency in use of SAP and/or Maximo systems desired
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.