Accountable to the Area Manager for service delivery and tactical support of the OneSource account service team. Ensure the delivery of best-in-class customer support (service, preventive maintenance, product solutions, customer and sales relations, laboratory services and parts inventories) through effective service and resource planning/deployment. Act as a primary contact point for all local client issues. Interface with the Area Manager on a frequent basis to review operational performance, customer satisfaction status, staffing optimization and business expansion opportunities.
This client encourages people of color and women to apply.
This role is only available for those authorized to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship.
Core Job Duties:
Maintenance & Repair:
- Roughly 75% of time will be spent providing maintenance and support of in-scope equipment to insure best-in-class service within established time frame in the assigned OneSource account.
- Maintain, verify performance and repair equipment from multiple manufacturers at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service within established time frame and assigned geographical area or site.
- Completes assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards.
- Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers billed at an hourly rate and all warranty services, which apply to our products in the field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the Installation, warranty, and service contract provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer.
- Two or more years in servicing/working on HPLCs, Also, able to work on GC and GCMS systems, and others, is a plus, knowledge of or ability to service GC, LC, IR, UV, LCMS, IC and other various lab equipment is also a plus.
- Mentor and/or train CSEs at OneSource location regarding best-in-class customer support, follow up, communication, and specific product line skills to drive growth and customer satisfaction.
- Drive toward zero service recalls for any reason.
Resource Planning and Deployment:
- Work with Area Manager to effectively deploy assigned CSEs to meet customer demands in the account.
- Work with Area Manager to ensure on-site team is efficiently deployed and has proper training with cross training opportunities defined.
- Develop and maintain ongoing communication and a strong working relationship with peers to understand and manage resource availability/limitations.
- Ensure adequate planning and coordination of coverage to meet customer needs and achieve established operational metrics.
- Interpret SOW and associated agreements and ensure that resources are deployed consistently with defined objectives.
- Act as liaison between on-site staff and support staff to escalate critical support issues.
- Take an active role in developing on-site resources through mentoring and/or training activities.
- Work with on-site team and Training Department to assure the appropriate training and cross training opportunities are available.
- Provide input for and assist with the LEAD Process.
- Collaborate with the Area Manager to drive talent development, overall business performance, and succession planning through the LEAD Process.
- Address disciplinary and/or performance problems when necessary in accordance with company policy.
Customer Reporting Requirements:
- Take an active role in compiling the monthly and quarterly reports per the KPI/SLA requirements.
- Work with the on-site and back office teams to obtain data, interrogate, format and present to the customer.
- Act as primary interface for escalations on-site.
The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be substituted if necessary.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.