The purpose of this position is to help ensure complete customer satisfaction with PerkinElmer by providing first level non-technical and basic technical support to customers contacting OneSource Support Services via telephone, email, portal or other electronic system.
Identify & Respond to Customer Inquiries. Acknowledge the customer, determine the nature of the call and provide a customer focused first point of contact to answer customer inquiries, establish service calls, or refer customers to other service professionals within PerkinElmer in a way that demonstrates a commitment to total customer satisfaction. Initiate outgoing calls focused on requesting and expediting requests for service and scheduling of activities with other Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), Third Party Vendors (TPV) or Independent Service Provider (ISP). Coordinate with Enterprise Purchasing for all contract or Spot Buy Purchase Orders On a daily basis, the Enterprise Support Services Specialist will provide the following services to PerkinElmer customers:
General Customer Inquiries:
- As necessary, refer customer to the correct internal professional to ensure the most effective escalation, transfer or reassignment path, achieving resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Channel product sales inquiries to the appropriate sales/service leader.
- Monitor & respond to email, voicemail, web portal and fax to ensure requests are responded to according to established standards and KPI’s by customer.
- Provide back up support for team members assigned to other customers.
Service Scheduling and Processing:
- Monitor & respond to customer requests, ensuring response times are within the requirements identified in the customer Statement of Work and Service Level Agreement.
- Process requests for equipment service, confirming equipment coverage and service provider, identifying events which will be billable to the customer. Obtain customer purchase orders for billable events before work is started.
- Review and schedule preventive maintenance and other scheduled compliance activities (OQ, PQ and validation) and assign to PerkinElmer engineer, OEM or TVP, working to schedule out 60-90 days in advance of required event.
- Follow up on service events to confirm the event has been completed and the customer is satisfied.
- Move the Basic start date to reflect service dates which have been moved to a future date.
- Utilize SAP, Service Max and/or customer’s system of record, if required, to capture pertinent detail regarding the event.
- Input data from Field Service Reports into SAP, Service Max, and/or customer‘s system of record, assuring that start and stop dates and times are correct.
- Complete follow-up transactions in an organized, detailed, efficient manner, meeting deadlines. Data entry is accurate and errors minimal.
- Collect required customer data and information for account creation and maintenance, equipment adds to the program, deletes from the program, or entitlement changes. Submit via portal for processing.
Purchase Requisition Creation:
- Obtain required documentation and approval prior to creation of Purchase Requisitions for service requests to be completed by non-PerkinElmer suppliers.
- Identify Customer’s instrument/system-based or technical need & ensure that required documentation is secured prior to purchase requisition release.
- After PO’s have been issued, ensure service delivery dates are correct and revise as necessary, per follow-up with suppliers and customers.
- Ensure purchase requisitions are closed within 180 days, and work with PO Specialists to confirm associated purchase orders are closed as well.
- Work with service delivery team to ensure service delivery goals are met for cost savings, cost avoidance and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Assist with vendor satisfaction surveys; provide results to service leadership, service provider and customer where appropriate.
Out of Scope Charges:
- Run required reports to identify service events which require charge back to the customer.
- Complete the chargeback process, obtaining customer approvals where required, in advance of PKI customer invoicing.
- Maintain surveillance and escalate to service leadership any instances where billing cannot occur due to pending customer approval or funding issues.
- Ability to articulate with technically oriented people, quickly establish rapport, gain their confidence, respect and trust.
- Communicate timely program information to selected service providers to ensure satisfactory delivery of acquired services and materials.
- Discuss troubleshooting/repair situations with service providers or customers, in a professional, cost effective manner, utilizing poise, tact and diplomacy to obtain cooperation and results.
- Monitor open requests, working to achieve closure, and meeting metrics requirements.
- Escalate problems to manager or the appropriate program leader or customer program contact for strategy development and participation as appropriate.
- Follow up to ensure that all questions/requests/customer commitments are responded to or resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
Site Specific Activities – if applicable to the specific customer
- Meet OEM or TPV service engineers at customer points of entry, confirm reason for site visit.
- Verify required customer health and safety requirements for site entry have been completed by engineer.
- Escort the engineer to the equipment location and hand off to customer equipment owner/user.
- Upon completion of the service event, escort the engineer back to the customer entry point and obtain a copy of the service report prior to engineer departure.
- Open and close service events in the customer’s system of record, matching the service events in PerkinElmer SAP and/or Service Max.
- Update the customer’s system of record, matching PerkinElmer records, for all adds/changes/deletes to the OneSource Enterprise program.
- B.A/B.S. Degree or Associate Degree, or 3+ years of experience in a team-based customer service environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and individually; organized with good time management skills.
- Bias for action and high level of commitment to customer.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency using software for word processing, email, order entry, and others as required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office; SAP, Service Max and Maximo experience desirable.
- Language: English and Country Language for assigned customers
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.