(Part-Time) Operations Manager
Sodexo is seeking a (Part-Time) Operations Manager for Beth Israel Lahey Health in Boston, MA. This candidate will oversee a team of 15-20 client staff. Hours are part-time, 6a-3p, every other weekend required. Ability to drive patient satisfaction and impact employee engagement are required. Prior food service experience is also required.
Your success will be measured by your ability to:
- Work with the culinary team and other managers to oversee daily operations to ensure a smooth flow of food services to patients;
- Effectively manage a high volume patient tray line operation;
- Exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Check and the patient experience;
- Evaluate and develop service levels for the overall Patient Services Program;
- Ensure company food and physical safety programs and standards are followed
- Oversee cash handling processes, and POS programming and maintenance;
- Maintain integrity of retail branded concept standards (national and in-house brands);
- Manage the opening and closing the operation as well daily retail food service operations;
- Ensure all needed signage (including digital) is in place;
- Maintain all product merchandising, marketing and ordering standards are in place.
The Manager II, Regional Operations Support (ROSI) has overall responsibility, or a portion of an on-sight operations area (ie Food, ES, Clinical, Culinary, Facilities, CTM) as assigned by the Client executive. In this role, the ROSI has direct accountability for executing Sodexo systems, programs, resources, tools, and talent management that drives operational excellence and our service commitments that are: Predictable, Reliable, and Repeatable
Client / Customer Service – 20%
- Navigates the client organization through effective communication while influencing and persuading at multiple levels. Seeks to collaborate for win-win outcomes.
- Provide effective communication for clients and customers to ensure excellent customer service.
- Effectively partners with client and Sodexo employees to drive successful outcomes.
- Complies with all client policies and procedures.
Operational Excellence – 40%
- Owns, drives, and measures operational excellence outcomes of Sodexo and client.
- Effectively deploys, embeds and ensures Sodexo standardized processes are in place.
- Creates a continuous quality improvement culture that drives operational efficiencies.
- Drives change and creates a culture where change is embraced and operationalized.
- Utilizes all operational processes to drive continuous improvement and celebrate successes.
Analysis & Decision Making – 20%
- Utilizes tools within Sodexo Healthcare to drive and manage middle of the page (Labor Expense, Raw Materials) to deliver positive outcomes.
- Accountable for effective utilization of labor resources.
- Analyses data to engage in data driven decision making using data, logic, benchmarking, and leading practices in decision making to determine best solutions for the business.
- Effective risk management by ensuring consistent regulatory and legal compliance.
- Compliance with supply chain management requirements.
- Understands and effectively manages unit finances in the Sodexo budgets.
- Sets operational goals with key metrics and ensures quick analysis of variances to ensure a prompt resolution and mitigate adverse impact on our clients or our performance.
- Delivers predictable top and bottom-line results at the site, relentless focus on driving efficiency, and makes difficult decisions.
- Effectively delegates operational responsibilities to appropriate individuals / positions.
- Follows best practices in decision making to determine best solutions for the business.
Safety – 10%
- Ensures that individuals performing service-related tasks have the competence to do so without putting the health and safety of themselves or others at risk.
- Behaviors include: Working as a team for safety
- Communicating Effectively for Safety
- Managing Safety Risks
- Optimizing Human and Environmental Factors
- Recognizing, respond and reporting incidents
- Adherence to all operational safety practices and protocols
- Drives a safety culture throughout the team
Talent – 10%
- Ability to effectively manage aspects of Human Resources (ie. Leadership, People Management, Employee Relations, etc) to support individual and team development and drive operational outcomes.
- Creates a culture of continuous learning and development for self and those within the unit assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 3 years
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years work experience in facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales, store operations, or vending) services, CTM, or Clinical Nutrition
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.