At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This position extends agile principles to break down barriers between siloed development and operations organizations by ensuring delivery of services rather than just capabilities. This individual will be the key facilitator across multi-functional teams to support day-to-day software releases, as well as, build support processes to gain efficiency in the software development lifecycle.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensuring development and operations personnel participate together throughout the software development lifecycle, from intake through development, testing, and qualification to production support.
- Extending agile principles to break down barriers between siloed development and operations organizations by ensuring delivery of the service rather than just a capability.
- Maturation, and where applicable, automation of processes supporting the software development lifecycle
- Defining and collecting metrics to evaluate the health of the software development lifecycle.
- Assists in the identification of tools to help facilitate the software development lifecycle with key leadership within GPS Platform, e.g., Technical Architect, Developers, Testers, etc.
- Assists in configuration of both commercially available and internally developed code on platforms such as salesforce.com
- Assists in the documentation of configuration, design, and testing associated with software service delivery.
- Leads facilitation of backlog grooming in coordination with key business subject matter experts, business analysts, and development personnel.
- Works with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and other key subject matter experts to plan sprints
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 5 or more years’ IT experience
- Experience with salesforce.com platform
- Experience with Continuous Improvement (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and quality principles applicable to life science companies
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify root causes of issues
- Proven ability to implement changes into support processes
- Specific experience directly involved in development/software development lifecycle releases
- Experience with change management process and functions
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we’re inspired by this single, powerful vision. Passionate and precise, we bring life-saving medicines to people around the world. And we work together with compassion to improve outcomes for the patients who need us most.
We are a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Innovative science is our passion. Transformational medicines are our goal. Bristol Myers Squibb is committed to discovering, developing, and delivering transformational medicines in areas where we believe we have an opportunity to make a meaningful difference for patients: oncology, immunoscience, cardiovascular, and fibrosis.
We combine the agility of biotech with the reach and resources of an established pharmaceutical company to create a global leading biopharma company powered by talented individuals who drive scientific innovation.
Bristol-Myers Squibb gives you the opportunity to learn and grow professionally alongside smart, creative, and talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients battle serious diseases. Doing amazing things with people you like and admire isn’t something you can find just anywhere.
Our mission to enhance the lives of our patients requires an investment in a strong learning culture. By providing valuable learning opportunities, connecting you to your passion, and helping you achieve your personal aspirations, we are empowering you to make a difference.
- Digital Learning
- Developmental Programs
- Leadership & Management Programs
- Insights for Success
- General Manager Development
- Building Manager Capability
- Coaching & Mentoring