Join us as a Penetration Tester on our Security Assurance team in the United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Penetration Tester, you will conduct and participate in security penetration testing exercises for products and applications in the Dell environment, including enterprise products. You will collaborate with other internal and external supporting groups on target access and operational issues; and report on and prioritize issues to vendors, security team, and engineering through Dell’s standard escalation processes. You will also continue to build upon your subject matter expertise in penetration testing through research/reading, training or other methods (e.g. Hack the Box, Capture the Flag competitions, etc.).
- Develop and maintain tools and techniques for adversarial simulation, vulnerability research, and exploit development
- Provide technical expertise on how to integrate information security controls into enterprise environments
- Provide technical expertise and advice on all areas of security technology, including: network security, platform security, authentication/authorization systems, application security, security architecture, policy enforcement, and security frameworks
- Communicate new developments, breakthroughs, obstacles and lessons learned to team members and senior management
- Contribute to the development of cybersecurity strategy, policy, standards, and procedures, including support of the continuous development and maintenance of team frameworks and operating procedures
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 5+ years direct or equivalent experience in areas of penetration testing (web application, host, network), exploit development, fuzzing and designing countermeasures to identified security vulnerabilities/risks
- Knowledge of attack surfaces in web technologies, networks, modern applications (microservices/containers), and operating systems; and should demonstrate the ability to analyze closed source applications using several off-the-shelf or custom developed tools
- Experience with any of the following tools: User and kernel-mode debuggers (Windbg/x64dbg/OllyDbg/Immunity Debugger), IDA Pro, Hex-Rays, Visual Studio, Driver Verifier
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards
- Skilled in relevant programming and scripting languages (e.g. Python, C/C++, C#, Java, ASM) with the ability to develop custom scripts, exploits, and tools
- US Citizen – may be required to hold a security clearance
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field with 8+ years of Information Security experience; or equivalent professional experience
- Familiar with the Metasploit framework
- Relevant cybersecurity certifications (e.g. OSCP, OSCE, OSWP, OSEP, OSWE, OSED, OSEE, GPEN, GWAPT, GXPN, CISSP)
- Cryptography and cryptographic key management concepts
- Published or presented security research or security advisories
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.