Pre-Sales Solution Architect - Infrastructure Solutions (San Diego/Orange County)
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We drive the development and implementation of sophisticated and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
Join us as an Associate Systems Engineer on our Sales Engineering team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As an Associate Systems Engineer, you will help provide pre-sales technical support to our field sales teams throughout the sales process, from customer needs analysis to project scoping and solution design.
- Work collaboratively with the sales teams to define Dell solutions for customers and make presentations on all aspects of the company’s portfolio
- Qualify sales opportunities based on customers’ technical requirements, competition and funding
- Prepare and present detailed designs and product specifications to customers and management to sell high-end product and solutions
- Align with other sales engineers, leaders or multi-functional technical groups to ensure consistent approach and application
- Verify compatibility of product and service solutions within the customer’s environment
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to explain how the products and services fit into customer’s IT structure and articulate the impact and advantages
- Strong negotiation skills to achieve desired results and meet customer outcomes
- Industry knowledge
- Strong understanding of infrastructure, cloud and client solutions
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in a relationship selling role
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.