We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to delivery on-time scheduled maintenance services within an assigned geography and product family. The Preventative Maintenance Technician (PM Technician) is responsible for ensuring that scheduled maintenance services for laboratory analytical instrumentation are performed to ensure optimal equipment efficiency. This candidate should possess good communication skills both oral and written, great attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, the ability to cross-train and, be able to work independently as a customer centric professional.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-Installation Visits (PIV’s)
- Service To Assure Reliability Visits (STAR Visits)
- Preventive Maintenance Visits (PM Visits)
- Calibration services (CAL’s)
- Operational Qualification Validations (OQ’s)
- Troubleshoot and repair simple issues
- Record/Document/Execute protocols and cases in service management system timely
- Support and Coordination assistance for relocation and program inventory
- Transfer of knowledge to end users around the function and optimal use of laboratory equipment.
- Minimum of 2 Year Technical Degree in Chemistry
- Availability for daily travel (company car provided)
- Availability for infrequent overnight travel (10%)
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience in a GLP/GxP environment
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Demonstrates appropriate use of relevant equipment after training
Benefit packages include:
Medical, Dental and Vision; Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health and Wellness Programs and Incentives; Employer Matching 401(k); Tuition Reimbursement; Professional Development; Maternity and Paternity Leave; Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off; Life and Disability Insurance; and Work/Life Balance.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.