As a key member of the global strategic pricing team within PerkinElmer’s Global Marketing and Sales Enablement group, the Pricing Analyst is responsible for supporting company-wide pricing activities, complex multi-disciplinary projects, and the implementation of new and existing pricing systems, processes, and tools.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Strategic Pricing this position administers a wide range of critical operational and strategic pricing initiatives and requires a combination of strong quantitative skills and prior business experience in a financial and/or analytical role. The Pricing Analyst works closely with internal business partners throughout the organization to enable greater visibility into pricing considerations and outcomes, as well as to guide sound pricing decision-making, consistent with established revenue/margin targets, strategic objectives, and the market value of PerkinElmer offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain systems, reports, databases, models, and other tools used to set global list prices. Work with Portfolio/Product Management, Sales, and Finance partners to establish pricing models for new offerings, as well as to direct the ongoing pricing of existing products and services based on changing market conditions and competitive dynamics.
- Leverage existing tools to evaluate pricing, discounting, and costing at the deal/order/company level, as well as frameworks to inform approval/escalation policies and to support overall sales effectiveness. Work to ensure that field-facing pricing/quoting/ordering tools are aligned and integrated with established pricing models, systems, and channel strategies. Support the implementation of new technology solutions for automating various pricing processes.
- Review/analyze pricing performance data in order to assess and communicate progress against financial and strategic goals. Work with pricing team members to manage pricing dashboards, as well as track pricing performance by product line and across geographic territories.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Care, and IT organizations to ensure pricing project objectives are met in accordance with key stakeholder requirements. Support effective price communications across the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in a pricing, operations, finance, analytics, or corporate strategy-based role.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, finance, economics, engineering, or other comparable business or applied sciences discipline. MBA or other advanced degree, as well as previous experience within the life sciences industry a plus.
- Very strong communication, collaboration, project management, and organizational skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with practical experience with financial reporting and in the quantitative analysis of large datasets.
- Proficiency in Excel. Previous experience in the use of BI tools, and a working familiarity with various enterprise software environments (ERP, CRM, CPQ, etc.) a plus.
- Team player and self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and solution-oriented attitude.
- Ability to effectively operate within in a fast paced, constantly evolving, team environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (IF APPLICABLE)
- Willing to travel occasionally. Ability to travel to foreign countries.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.