The Epsilon PeopleCloud Solutions team is responsible for developing Epsilon’s proprietary technology platform (Epsilon PeopleCloud) that brings technically robust, innovative and differentiable data solutions leveraging internal investments in data and technology. The team owns the development and maintenance of data science development environments, proprietary libraries and packages, and the development of machine intelligent services for product applications.
As a Principal Cloud Data Engineer, you will apply your technical knowledge and expertise as a lead member of the team, collaborating with our data science, data partnerships and product team leads to define then deliver cloud native data integrated solutions and services across the Epsilon PeopleCloud ecosystem. You will design and build highly dynamic, data-driven solutions while keeping current on the latest developments and trends in data technologies. You will have hands-on experience with cloud platforms and big data, combined with a working knowledge of data science and ML/AI trends.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities include:
- Lead the design and development of technical solutions utilizing cloud data services that bridge data engineering best practices with data science ML/AI services
- Provide thought leadership partnering with product and engineering teams to innovate future solutions
- Contribute to the product development and platform engineering roadmaps
- Design for then enforce data security and data privacy mandates in a global environment
- Maintain expertise and develop team awareness and adoption of relevant emerging technologies
- Mentor and lead a distributed data engineering team and leading peer-level design reviews
- Manage and communicate project risks and challenges
- B.S. in Mathematics, Computer Science/Engineering or Statistics
- 5-10 years of data engineering, software development or cloud-based services experience
- Minimum 3 years leading and mentoring distributed engineering teams
- Applied experience with deploying cloud-based data solutions and utilizing cloud services
- Applied experience working with a range of database and data integration technologies (e.g. MySQL, Hadoop distros, BigQuery, DataFlow, Redshift)
- Applied experience architecting and developing micro services designs and API services
- Applied experience working with DevOps frameworks and CI (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, etc.)
- Applied experience programming developing packages in Python, Java, Scala or R
- Applied experience in designing ETL solutions leveraging open source, product or custom solutions
- Experience working with cloud functions, micro-services and serverless designs
- Experience in designing and deploying automated data validations solutions
- Experience in designing data solutions leveraging enterprise identity and access management services
- Applied knowledge of developing compliant solutions with global data security and privacy regulations
- Proficiency in building Machine Learning data pipelines and automation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate solutions in terms of technical and functional design documents.
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.