Principal Data Engineer
We are looking for a detail-oriented, talented, and enthusiastic data engineer to work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment with a seasoned cross-functional team of Security Experts, Data Scientists, and Machine Learning Engineers to advance the state-of-the-art in network defense. If you love the challenges that come with big data then this role is for you. Duties include large-scale data routing, modeling, extraction, transformation, loading, warehousing, and composing such systems together with support for monitoring and mediation logic. You will use the latest big data platforms and technologies (e.g. NiFi, Spark, Kafka, NoSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP) to help federate algorithms and applications across many clouds as part of the next generation Secureworks platform.
The ideal candidate will have a software development background with an emphasis on distributed systems and some familiarity with data science or machine learning, though personal expertise is not required. This role requires a data engineer that can take architectures from concept to reality and work well within a collaborative environment. If you’re an engineer with experience solving big data problems, you might have what it takes to become an elite member of our team and help us innovate faster than the bad guys.
- Design, build, launch, and maintain infrastructure to support large-scale data routing, streaming and historical processing, data warehousing, and container orchestration.
- Coordinate Database Operations (Elasticsearch & Scylla) including deploying clusters to production, performing post-deployment logistics (restart/backup), and monitoring the health of clusters.
- Employ a variety of languages and tools to marry big data systems together and hunt down opportunities to acquire new data from other systems.
- Recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Collaborate with data scientists and security researchers to productize new methods of extracting information from structured and unstructured data.
- Work effectively on a geographically distributed team to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in data engineering, data modeling, ETL development, or data warehousing.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Elasticsearch/Lucene and/or Scylla/Cassandra
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with AWS cloud services.
- Minimum of 2 years of software engineering in Scala and scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with big data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase, etc)
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems, such as NiFi/StreamSets, Kafka, Storm/Heron, Spark, or Flink.
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.