One of our premier clients, a leader in the health and biotechnology sector, is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join their Hopkinton Applied Genomics R&D team. This role will lead development of automated platforms for various applications within genomics field. This position will require the ability to interface to a multi-disciplinary group as well as cross functions for the timely completion of projects. Additionally, the candidate is expected to be a subject matter expert in electrical engineering, specifically DSP, FPGA and PCB design, High voltage circuit design, electromechanical systems experience, stepper and servo motors.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a focused attention to detail, work well with others in a team environment, be able to motivate team members, and be able to define clear targets and effectively communicate results and data interpretation to all team members.
Flexible Schedule is part of the offer.
- Be the technical lead for multiple projects developing complex systems involving hardware, software, firmware
- Supervise and mentor junior level team members in a matrixed R&D organization
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of product development, including concept, planning, development and validation
- Present experimental findings and interpretations to R&D team members, cross-functional leaders, and senior management.
- Lead root causing activities to identify and alleviate roadblocks, to optimize s and products
- Determine design feasibility, evaluate design alternatives, and select optimum design approach
- Develop requirements, specifications, schematics, simulations (where applicable), assembly drawings, bills of material, and material cost estimates.
- Specify the design of cables and cable harness assemblies. Utilize electronic design tools such as schematic capture.
- Ensure component reliability based on technical evaluation of vendors’ designs and manufacturing processes.
- Design architecture and circuits for manufacturability (DFM). Assist manufacturing in transition from development into production
- Lead technical reviews to evaluate and analyze designs to assure performance and requirements are met.
- Lead Risk Management activities to ensure design shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed.
- Ensure electrical design and documentation complies with medical safety and EMC/EMI standards; strong understanding of IEC 60601-1, 3.1 edition Safety and Essential performance and IEC60601-1-2 4th edition Electromagnetic disturbances
- Accountable for R&D DHF deliverables according to Design Control Process following ISO 13485 regulatory standard (product requirement specifications, technical feasibility plan/report, risk control record)
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship.
- Ph.D. (7 years experience), MS (10 years experience) or Bachelors (13 years experience) respectively, in relevant engineering with industrial experience in life science / molecular diagnostics field.
- Track record of in-depth understanding of liquid handling automation technologies
- Digital, analog and mixed circuit design experience; excellent knowledge of low-noise techniques for circuit design and board layout
- High voltage (5kV and up) circuit design experience. Power conversion, micro-controllers, electromechanical drivers and electro-optics circuits
- Experience in use of advanced development/debugging tools; e.g., JTAG, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in RUO product launch (IVD a plus)
- Experience in requirement management tool (TFS, JIRA, Polarion, Doors) preferred
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, self-starter
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast pace environment.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.