Principal Engineer, Product Security Engineering
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Principal Engineer, Product Security Engineering on our Telecom Engineering team in Remote USA, Remote California, Remote Texas, Remote AZ, Remote Virginia/DC Metro, Remote Mass.
- Contribute to build a high-level security strategy for a specific lifecycle domain (Design, Development, testing, maintenance, release management etc) by closely working with Telco Security Architects, Product Management and Security Domain specialists from across Dell.
- Will be part of the team responsible for the design of the entire telecom ecosystem security architecture and capabilities from the ground up
- Have a deep understanding and hands on experience of secure product development, secure design and engineering practices like threat modeling, secure design principles, secure coding, code analysis, security testing, code signing etc with proven success in providing consultative guidance to enterprise scale product teams in improving their security posture
- Collaborate with other engineers and other engineering groups across Dell
- Write functional detailed design specs as well as responding to requirement documents and system level test plans
- Engage with customers to drive security collaborations, understanding their security needs and current gaps to those needs; convert these needs into requirements across the end-to-end ecosystem and evangelize the methods and technologies needed to close the customers’ security gaps
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Minimum of 8 years working in an engineering design and development organization with significant experience designing and validating security aspects of hardware and/or software architecture
- Telco specific test tools and knowledge in 3GPP, ORAN (Open Radio Access Network), 5G, Private 5G, MEC, Edge etc
- Expertise in security subdomains, including Encryption, TLS, Key management, Data Protection, Vulnerability Management, and Incident Response, Network Security, Risk Assessment and threat modeling methodologies and tools, Logging and Resiliency
- Expertise in translating Compliance and regulatory requirements to Product requirements, experience working with 3rd party accredited Labs or Govt agencies and Product Security certifications
- Experience with Open source and commercial security testing tools
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to diverse audiences and guide leadership on technology values and risks
- Ability to define product security testing requirements and the test plans to validate the requirements have been met, working collaboratively across Dell, our supply chain, and our ecosystem of partners to drive security testing earlier in the pipeline
- Knowledgeable throughout the various layers of large-scale systems, from hardware and physical layer protocols up through the application-layer; can advise product management, engineering, supply chain, partners, and customers on specific requirements needed throughout the stack to ensure a robust and secure product
- Bachelors or Masters degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or related disciplines.
- Must be a U.S Citizen to access highly sensitive projects
- Industry certifications: GIAC, CISA and/or CISSP, CSSLP preferred
- White Papers or Patents in Security Domain
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.