The Key Account Manager will sell Services directly to identified customers in a given regional territory and provide overlay support for Instruments sales to the regional Key Accounts that span Life Science, Food and Energy.
Primary job responsibility is to sell our clients solutions and related services into a defined set of regional Key Accounts. This individual will identify, qualifies and closes new opportunities. This includes the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support. They will leverage the clients’ sales model, accounting planning tools and SFDC to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share.
- Drive customer relationships to expand the book of business regionally into defined Key accounts along with potential regionally prospected accounts.
- Each Key Account Manager will be provided a target list of accounts within his/her region. Domestic travel will be required to support various sites around a given territory.
- For accounts that have a corresponding given international location, the KAM will be required to work coordinate sales and opportunities to make sure discounts are in alignment within a given region. This coordination and communication should happen on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Drive Professional Service Sales – expanding new sites locations regionally and extend services in existing sites.
- Regarding Instrument support, in order to receive overlay credit, the KAM will be required to enter the regional instrument opportunity in SFDC and when required, assist with customer procurement support to close the opportunity. Only instrument opportunities entered into SFDC by the KAM will qualify for payment.
- For all MAP (Global Agreements) and Enterprise agreements, understand the OS Margin and report out rebate and discount metrics internally and prepare customer facing documents to be leveraged during quarterly regional governance sessions. Where a combined global session is required, the regional KAM’s will work together on content and the presentation with support of the Sales Operations team.
- Prepare action plans or joint evaluation plans by accounts that are customer facing to help accelerate closing cycles for all transactions.
- Maintains monthly and quarterly communication with the extended regional sales team.
- Conduct annual ELT (Executive Leadership Team) meetings with customer across the full PKI portfolio.
- Conduct Quarterly status or PMT (monthly) meetings with the customer where there is no CSM (Customer Success Manager) is in place.
- Renew existing Enterprise business through drafting SOW’s and contracts with the support of the professional Services business team
- Enter opportunity leads into SFDC for regional product pull through.
- Create Annual Account Plans for large Key Accounts where OneSource Revenue exceeds 2M annually.
- Prepare Briefing Documents for each account for internal leadership review before any meeting
- Drive Voice-of-the-Customer feedback to OneSource Product Management and R&D teams to impact the Solution roadmap.
- Draft and negotiate all new SOW and MSA agreements.
- Accountable for entering all service opportunities into SFDC and manage their weekly / monthly forecast and activities to Sr. Mgt.
- Advance relationships with the business and customer leadership teams (C Suite)
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with regional account managers and assist sales cycles where possible. Help drive to closure at the highest-level relationship within each Key Account.
- Work to become a trusted advisor within the business vs. Procurement only relationships.
- Work very closely with the service on site team for complains handling, expansion and renewal
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years’ experience in sales; selling to medium and large size customers
- 8+ years’ experience with Sales Methods, ROI/TCO modeling and the complex sale in a multiple product environment
- Independent, self-motivated, competitive, high powered and polished Experience with a Service organization is required.
- Familiarity with science-based companies’ workflows (R&D, Operations, etc.) and the GxP environment is preferred. Can also apply to science-based workflows in Food and Industrial.
- Broad knowledge of the laboratory environment and requirements coupled with the ability to develop custom solutions to meet the changing needs of the customer.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong Analytical Skills, understanding of Sales Processes and Service Delivery Requirements and complex negotiation skills
- Track record of demonstrated leadership in a matrixed organization with cross functional teams to drive initiatives; Demonstrated success in remote management of a professional team.
- Must work well in a team environment, with multiple resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of our industry, customer needs and competitive landscape.
- Knowledge of big data and how that data can be leveraged in a sales cycle is a plus
- Knowledge of CRM tools like SFDC is plus.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.