Assists in the research, development, and validation of clinical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease within humans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience developing new molecular assays in a clinical molecular laboratory
- Executes experiments in an efficient manner, following all required procedures.
- Maintains proper documentation of all experimentation within a scientific notebook.
- Prepares specimens for analysis and organizes tests to be performed.
- Assists in preparation of scientific documents including standard operating procedures.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
- Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing.
- Verifies proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and documents data.
- Participates in the training of new employees.
- Sustains a scientific curiosity, exploring literature to assist with experimental design and further develop laboratory skills.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be substituted as necessary.
BSc or Masters in chemistry, biology, molecular biology or medical technology.
Minimum of 5 years clinical molecular/cytogenetics laboratory experience.
- PhD in chemistry, biology, molecular biology or medical technology preferred
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Travel is not required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.