Chargebee is looking for an exceptional and self-directed Principal Product Manager who is passionate about PaaS. We’re looking for someone with the vision and experience to shape the Chargebee platform to serve developers both inside and outside Chargebee. You’ll be working closely with highly-skilled engineering and design teams to deliver a world-class platform upon which Chargebee and an entire ecosystem of merchants and third-party partners will develop mission-critical billing and payments related business applications.
At the Principal Product Manager level, you will strongly influence platform strategy, develop the roadmap of our Shared Platform Services, enable the platform to keep pace with growing demand, and work closely with leaders across the organization to realize the product vision. This is a “player/coach” role with strong individual contributor expectations in addition to strategic leadership. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record building platform services, strong knowledge of the payments industry, and a desire to drive amazing new product capabilities.
This is a critical role in Chargebee and will help influence how we design our system internally & externally with significant visibility to executive leadership.
- You will own the product roadmap for Platform Services shared across all of Chargebee’s applications.
- Platform Services are those services which are shared across functional elements of the platform and may include platform security, notification framework, workflow engine, localization, regulatory compliance, and other technical requirements.
- Create, communicate, and execute the multi-year roadmap and strategy to achieve the goals for this critical product area.
- Deeply understand the needs of current and target developers, customers, and partners through regular interactions and quantitative and qualitative research, and represent their voice to internal teams.
- Create use-cases, user stories, and sometimes detailed product requirements that clearly articulate the functionality of the product that will be developed.
- Own and manage the product backlog and prioritize product enhancements, partner, and customer requests, as well as strategic business objectives by using sound judgment and decisive tradeoffs. Serve as Product Owner, working with an Agile development team to deliver the roadmap in regular development sprints.
- Role may expand to include management of up to four direct reports
- Develop competitive expertise to assist in outbound product positioning and inform internal development priorities.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, Documentation, and other Product teams to deliver an amazing product and an exceptional user experience and unwavering quality and reliability.
- Partner cross-functionally to successfully prepare the business to roll out products and ensure an outstanding end-to-end user experience.
- Occasionally represent Chargebee as a domain expert at industry and partner events, customer visits, and other outbound activities.
- 10+ years experience with enterprise clients
- 6+ years product management experience
- PaaS or SaaS experience
Chargebee is a recurring billing and subscription management tool that helps SaaS and SaaS-like businesses streamline Revenue Operations. Chargebee integrates with the leading payment gateways like Stripe, Braintree, PayPal etc. around the world to let you automate recurring payment collection along with invoicing, taxes, accounting, email notifications, SaaS Metrics, and customer management.
We are Globally Local
With a diverse team across four continents and customers in over 60 countries, you get to work closely with a global perspective right from your own neighborhood.
We value Curiosity
We believe the next great idea might just be around the corner. Perhaps it’s that random thought you had ten minutes ago. We believe in creating an ecosystem that fosters a desire to seek out hard questions, and then figure out answers to them.
Customer! Customer! Customer!
Everything we do is driven towards enabling our customers’ growth. This means no matter what you do, you will always be adding real value to a real business problem. It’s a lot of responsibility, but also a lot of fun.