We are looking for a candidate that must be a seasoned PM, and a program ambassador / diplomat, comfortable in a fast paced environment, balancing a complex global account and multiple projects. The 4 key must have attributes are – leadership, exceptional work ethic, attention to detail and to be polished with customers. The OneSource team is an outsourced service provider at a customer site(s) managing all aspects of on-going asset management services for the laboratory.
The goal for the successful candidate is to become established as a primary point of contact for one global OneSource account, from first customer contact during the RFP development through the program life cycle. A customer account may have multiple sites, across multiple geographies.
Ideal candidates should have a combination of professional experiences, academic achievement, proficiency in a variety of project and six sigma tools and applications with expertise in excel and MS project, and an ability to “make the complex simple” for our internal and external customers and stakeholders. They should possess “a leadership presence” at all times, especially, during conference call meetings. Being an energetic, engaged & common sense leader and having the team feel that leadership is a “must have”.
This client encourages people of color and women to apply.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist in preparation and support the broader team with monthly or quarterly Meetings with the customer and global PerkinElmer team, ensuring that schedule, scope, change management, financials and KPIs are all reviewed.
- Responsible to manage action items resulting from business reviews and operational forums.
- Escalate performance issues and program help needed requests to PerkinElmer senior leadership or the customer, as appropriate.
- Conduct regularly scheduled program management meetings with internal back office functions at PerkinElmer to manage the program, ensuring the field team is properly supported.
- Partnering with field team in identifying and leading continuous improvement of operational performance and processes.
- Create and maintain a culture for the program that is built on honesty, hard work, commitment to the customer, and growing the business by executing the business.
- Support and coordinate activities for process improvements, new program implementation and general program support. Ensure consistency, where applicable, of PerkinElmer processes and best practices across all global sites.
- Lead the team or Liaise with the team leading new program implementations, using a standard work breakdown structure including the data management to move the customer information into the PE database.
- Provide support to the field leadership to develop and deliver the operational performance reviews.
- Develop or tailor processes that correlate with the customer’s requirements for all aspects of the OS program, including invoicing, change control, opportunities to expand program scope, delivery of entitlements, managing service providers, and leveraging links into the customer’s internal communication processes.
This role works closely with field based staff located on-site (at the customer location) and on-hand staff (located regionally), OneSource Support Center staff, OneSource Contracts staff, field service leaders, finance, quality, logistics and procurement around all aspects that lead to the success of OneSource program operations to deliver cost savings, increased productivity and high customer satisfaction, providing optimized laboratory solutions to help customers achieve their financial, operational and scientific goals.
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Program Manager, or 5+ years’ experience in a Sr. Project Manager role.
- Experience managing global teams in a matrix environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required,
- Experience in a science–based industry experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Successful candidate must possess “a leadership presence” at all times, but most especially, during remote/conference call meetings. Being an energetic, engaged & common sense leader and having the team feel that leadership is a “must have”.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of applications, especially Microsoft Excel, as well as PowerPoint, Word and MS Project is required.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated high level work ethic and organizational skills is a “must have”.
- Someone with the ability to suggest solutions to problems in parallel with escalating issues is important.
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are a must; Team Management skills with an upbeat, collegial, can-do attitude is a “must have”.
- Project Management Professional Certification.
- Master scheduling, a plus.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Domestic and international travel as required, likely 15% – 20%. Day to day regional travel to the customer sites.
- Other Database and application skills, especially SAP, SQL, and any business process mapping applications are desired, but not required. Maximo experience preferred
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.