We are seeking usability experts that have the confidence to design and lead research to understand user groups, their tasks, work environments, mental models, competitive landscape, and the rapidly evolving data landscape.
The Principal User Experience Researcher will use usability tools and research methods to design and conduct qualitative and quantitative studies in order to understand users and improve product usability and usefulness. The candidate will work closely with other designers, product managers, and engineers to identify and prioritize research opportunities and approaches. Responsibilities include designing and conducting studies, analyzing and reporting results, and providing recommendations.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Factors, Psychology, or a related discipline and 8+ years’ relevant experience or Graduate degree in a related field, plus 6+ years’ relevant experience.
- Experience conducting user research using various methods and working in a team with developers and designers
- Knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational, and field methods, and data analysis
- Experience with a broad range of data collection and analytical techniques such as survey construction/analysis, UI prototype development, usability testing, focus group facilitation, and qualitative/observational methods, ethnography, and quantitative statistical data analysis to drive UI design decisions
- Proven ability to synthesize and summarize findings within and across studies and participants, identify key insights and opportunities, and work with the core team to turn them into great user experiences
- Submission of portfolio or Curriculum Vitae with application/resume
- MS or PhD in Human Factors, Psychology, or another appropriate discipline
- Understanding of data centers environments and related technologies, as well as IT Admin and information worker roles
- UX experience working in enterprise, telco, government, financial, regulatory, or medical fields
- Experience with data center hardware, software, and solutions and their users
- Familiarity with server, compute, storage, networking, and converged / hyper-converged infrastructure technologies
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.