- Sourcing of suppliers and supplier qualification,
- Sourcing, negotiating, and procurement of service contracts in support of our OneSource Enterprise contracts and asset management portfolio.
- Developing, deploying and awarding supplier contracts and agreements (RFP).
- Engage in all aspects of supplier management with a focus on improving profitability and delivering customer satisfaction
- Identifying appropriate service coverage for different customers or types of equipment and opportunities to expand our service platform strategy.
- Strategic Supplier Management – insuring good relationships with our supply base while acting as an escalation path for supplier issues across the OneSource Enterprise portfolio.
- Interacts closely with suppliers and Quality to resolve quality issues.
- Conduct routine supplier meetings to develop and maintain supplier relationship.
- Use data to drive decisions and provide market/competitive feedback while supporting the field organization and providing visibility and accessibility to supplier metrics, tools and processes.
Key Interfaces: OneSource Global Procurement, OneSource Operations Teams, OneSource Territory Leaders, Territory VP/GM’s, Global Finance and Accounting
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship
- Degree in Business.
- Equivalent 5+ years of procurement experience.
- Must have a proven record of strong negotiation skills and buying strategies culminating in positive financial results.
- Thorough knowledge of developing, deploying and awarding service contracts (RFP).
- Deep understanding of vendor/supplier communications and best practices.
- Proven ability to ensure cost effective services arrangements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent motivational, communication (oral/written), presentation and influencing skills.
- Must possess confidence and assertiveness
- Excellent critical thinking/ analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong execution and follow through.
Bias for Action
- Action-orientated – enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Deliver results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very performance orientated; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Builds voice of the customer feedback into all strategies and plans. Considers impact of all actions on current and future customers, including regulatory bodies). Inculcates a culture of quality and customer excellence throughout the organization.
- Patience – tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up for acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing.
- Command skills – takes unpopular stands if necessary, encourages direct and tough debate but isn’t afraid to end it and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges
- Approachability – is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and complete information in time to do something about it.
- Managerial courage – doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current; direct, complete and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with
- Can build effective teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Vision and Purpose
- Looking ahead – ability to look at the big picture and plan ahead.
- Vision – communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; takes things beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate others
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.