Available locations: Thousand Oaks, CA; Shelton, CT.
The Procurement Specialist/Analyst is responsible for:
Analytics / Tactical Focus:
- Responsible for documenting the costs for all vendors, as well as generating monthly cost reports to present to stakeholders.
- Required to develop cost-benefit analysis which is used frequently to optimize spend.
- Serve as the liaison between customer, employer and vendors
- Calculate metrics for analysis as well as consolidate large amounts of data into concise targeted informational summaries and reports
- Work with customers on their feedback, monitored and audited data
- Request client approvals for contract purchases
- Successfully managed/deliver supplier contracts within budget and hit in line with targeted savings
- Proficient in making accurate forecasts to meet customer’s demand. This involves having a deep understanding of the customer’s goals and budget.
- Sourcing of suppliers and supplier qualification,
- Sourcing, negotiating, and procurement of service contracts in support of our OneSource Enterprise contracts and asset management portfolio.
- Developing, deploying and awarding supplier contracts and agreements (RFP).
- Engage in all aspects of supplier management with a focus on improving profitability and delivering customer satisfaction
- Identifying appropriate service coverage for different customers or types of equipment and opportunities to expand our service platform strategy.
- Strategic Supplier Management – insuring good relationships with our supply base while acting as an escalation path for supplier issues across the OneSource Enterprise portfolio.
- Interacts closely with suppliers and Quality to resolve quality issues.
- Conduct routine supplier meetings to develop and maintain supplier relationship.
- Use data to drive decisions and provide market/competitive feedback while supporting the field organization and providing visibility and accessibility to supplier metrics, tools and processes.
Key Interfaces: OneSource Global Procurement, OneSource Operations Teams, OneSource Territory Leaders, Territory VP/GM’s, Global Finance and Accounting
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship.
- Degree in Business.
- Equivalent 5+ years of procurement experience.
- Must have a proven record of strong negotiation skills and buying strategies culminating in positive financial results.
- Thorough knowledge of developing, deploying and awarding service contracts (RFP).
- Deep understanding of vendor/supplier communications and best practices.
- Proven ability to ensure cost effective services arrangements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent motivational, communication (oral/written), presentation and influencing skills.
- Must possess confidence and assertiveness
- Excellent critical thinking/ analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong execution and follow through.
- 20% of travel may be involved
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting-edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world.GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.