GSK R&D is led by science. Science is driving an ever-increasing variance and complexity across R&D and its related approaches to planning, sourcing, partnerships and alliances. This presents great opportunity for Tech enablement via investments in modern platform technologies and Digital applications, across GSKs Pharma and Vaccines organisations.
The Business Operations product family within R&D Tech addresses the business needs of the Strategy, Planning, and Operations (SP&O) group, R&D Finance, R&D governance bodies, portfolio managers, Business Development, and Third-party Risk & Oversight. Technology aligned to this area will cover the breadth of acquiring, managing and transforming operational data pertinent to planning and managing R&D programs. That includes all three main elements of program and project management cost, FTE resource, and timelines for both plans and actual spend/achievement. Additionally, the product landscape will address portfolio management and scenario planning tools and tools required to support external partnership. Overall, we aspire to equip R&D leaders everywhere with the essential details of upcoming project needs and resource demand so that trade-off decisions can be made nimbly in support of the evolving portfolio.
The R&D Tech Product Designer, R&D Business Operations role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
- Helping to optimize the delivery of business value through business partnering, process improvement, user research and user-centered design.
- Performing user research through qualitative inquiry, quantitative data analysis and user testing within the R&D customer base of this product area.
- Obtaining an understanding of the business domain and processes within a product area, capturing user goals, needs and expectations and translating these into personas, journeys and user stories that help drive towards improvements.
- Driving experience design activities to improve user interfaces and task flows through wireframing, prototyping and ideation workshops.
- Working closely with the Product Owner and other members of the product team, with a clear focus on delivering value quickly while helping to steer the product area towards business- and user-centered improvements.
- Engaging with the R&D Tech UX & Design Team to support the maturity of UX and Design across R&D Tech, specifically working with other UX practitioners and sharing experiences.
- Keeping up with internal and external trends in your product area, including mobile, wearables and social media.
- Influencing and communication to individual contributors, lower/mid-management and external partners across the Organisation to apply product analysis and design in a business context with deep analytical and meaningful insights.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 0-3 years experience in the R&D field.
- Experience in working in an IT product related industry, with experience in IT software analysis, design and delivery, with awareness of the User Experience (UX) space, particularly areas of user research, experience design and service design.
- Practical experience in software design and delivery (both analytical and technical) along with interest in the UX space is the core capability of this role.
- Bachelor Degree
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- This role requires an interest in UX & Design skills, which is a specialized area combining creativity, psychology and IT
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.