Product Management Consultant
Showcasing excellence and innovation at every stage, Product Management is responsible for the cross-functional management of products or solutions through their entire lifecycle. Using a wealth of technical and industry experience, we work across functional areas to implement our products or solutions. We undertake thorough analysis of the markets to ensure we maximize profitability and adjust our product strategies to respond to competition. Our role also involves acting as subject matter experts for internal and external product events or partner meetings.
- Profile market & customer needs to provide insights into planning process, from multiple sources: sales/marketing teams, primary and secondary market research, customer interviews, industry analysts, and mining of internal customer data.
- Specify product requirements for an intelligent, telemetry and data driven recommendation engine to position current and future Client Solution Group (CSG) and Infrastructure Solution Group (ISG) Services products to the target customers at the right time and right place.
- Develop customer recommendation engine vision, use cases, customer journeys and requirements for all sales segments, products, and customer types with key business partners.
- Develop business cases (opportunity size, financial impacts by BU, market share, cost of sales, profitability expectations).
- Oversee and drive products/ solutions through the phase release or solutions release process.
- Develop GTM (go-to-market) plan to enable market adoption of the roadmap and work with all relevant teams to ensure execution.
- Collaborates with other Product Managers, BU Leaders and Engineering/ R&D leaders to align product strategies into comprehensive portfolios for the BU.
- A premier communicator with exemplary writing skills and an innate ability to make very complex concepts and offerings simple and intuitive. Demonstrate the ability to influence/sell ideas and present alternatives in a convincing fashion to a mixed audience, from peers to executives.
- Proven track record as a decisive, action-oriented individual, who has led cross-functional global teams to define and achieve high value objectives. This individual will have the ability to coalesce varied constituents and drive to achieve superior results on a consistent basis.
- Possess the technical knowledge and business understanding well enough to identify/define Services direction, requirements & gaps. Possess a track record of having successfully delivered on complex projects and possess global experience.
- The successful candidate must be a team player with a proven ability to drive change through influence and collaboration across a matrix organization in a highly fluid environment.
- Typically requires 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience.
- Pragmatic Marketing certified
- Understanding the Offer Lifecycle Process (OLP)
- Knowledge of the Kanban agile methodology
- Familiar with Technical Support operations and organization
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.