Product Manager – Allergy
This role will be responsible for supporting an extensive line of in vitro diagnostic assays for Allergy & Food Intolerance markets. The Product Manager will support the sales force and customers, while improving market awareness of EUROIMMUN Allergy diagnostic products in an effort to increase sales and profitability of the organization. A variety of marketing functions are expected to focus on downstream marketing activities; however, upstream responsibilities will increase over time. Duties are not limited to those listed below and will be adjusted as appropriate.
- Develop and expand one’s diagnostic knowledge necessary for product support and customer interaction.
- Support sales force and customers with updated materials and communications on an ongoing basis.
- Inform the Sales organization routinely with product updates and develop product promotions and collateral materials.
- Develop marketing materials including brochures, trade advertising, training manuals, and show materials. Maintain an FDA compliant database.
- Establish market analysis to support the overall Marketing Plan: Market analysis including competitive landscape, PEST (Political, Environmental, Social and Technological), SWOT (Strengths Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats).
- Responsible for carrying out traditional Marketing deliverables, updating of website events, press releases for social media and printed ads, e-mailers, product positioning, promotional strategies, and review of support materials.
- Coordinate tradeshows and conventions.
- Identify and research new sales targets to provide to the sales team.
- Maintain and update CRM systems and create analytics reporting for sales leadership.
- Manage advertising and promotional plans in support of the product line strategy.
- Remain informed about the market, competition, and the environment.
- Act as an information resource to all functional areas.
- Partner with key customers throughout the country and lead marketing collaborations.
- Bachelors’ degree.
- Prior clinical diagnostics or medical sales experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- MBA preferred.
- Requires a high level of analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and translate into effective tactics.
- Must be able to use these skills to solve complex problems.
- Ability to understand complex medical procedures and engage in in-depth technical conversations with physicians, staff and key opinion leaders regarding medical procedures and proper product usage.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible enough to change priorities with short notice when necessary.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to relate well with Sales, Scientific Affairs and other internal colleagues.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Must exhibit strong teamwork and be adapt at working cross-functionally.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.