Product Marketing Pricing Consultant
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Product Marketing Pricing Consultant on our NA Client Solutions Pricing team in Round Rock.
What you’ll achieve
The Pricing Consultant plays a critical and influential role in weekly and monthly business analysis, portfolio planning and product business case strategy for commercial client products.
The right candidate brings analytic and business intelligence skills paired with market knowledge and product strategy/planning.
This position is part of the North America Commercial Product Pricing team. The team manages client product pricing for all commercial Desktops, Notebooks, Displays, and Client Peripherals. This Product Marketing Pricing Consultant will have high visibility and ownership of all products list price function and or discount curves and will partner with various teams such as Product Line Marketing and Business Analytics so that each product category achieves its share, quarterly revenue and margin dollar targets. Main activities include setting list prices and or discount parameters in tools; develop and communicate competitive price analysis; and evaluate cost changes and impact to business. It is expected from this role an overview of all products and standardization of processes and communication across the pricing team. Critical competencies needed are: Business & Analytical Acumen; Presentation Skills; Influence Strategy and Innovative.
- Develops and implements pricing strategies to maximize sales and market penetration and ensure long-term profitability objectives are met.
- Evaluates effectiveness of pricing strategies and modifies pricing structures as needed. Conducts research and performs competitive pricing analysis. Monitors ongoing competitive environment to ensure practices do not adversely impact company reputation or customer satisfaction.
- Leads, develops, evaluates and implements pricing strategies and models based upon current business and competitive market dynamics.
- Maintains and communicates regular pricing position.
- Leads the proposal for price position changes across platforms and markets (per price band) with other functional leaders to insure competitive and financially viable price position.
- Monitor(s) and reports regional and/or global competitive and/or cost trends.
- Focuses list pricing activities and influences discounting and promotional practices with the intent of maximizing overall operating income.
- Ensures proper cost uploads to sales tools are delivered and leads cost impact clarity to RUM (Revenue, Units, Margin) P&L.
- Supports the quarterly RUM guidance process, which incorporates revenue and margin implications of forward pricing plans for assigned product categories as appropriate.
- Supports the list pricing at launch of new models or products.
- Completes responsibility for pricing and profitability strategy for customer kits and partner products.
- Develops and maintains competitive pricing databases designed to monitor changes in the marketplace and their impact on the corporation.
- Works cross-functionally to correctly position product portfolio and establish pricing programs aligned with product/sales strategy and revenue recognition requirements.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 10+ years of relevant experience and Masters or 15+ years of experience
- Experience with manipulating large amounts of data via Excel/PowerBI
- Understanding of statistics and P&L statement analysis
- Experience in Business analysis, managing through ambiguity, organization understanding, and executive presentation skills
- MBA Degree in Marketing, Business, Finance or related discipline, SQL, Python
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.