One of our premier clients, a leader in the biotech sector, is taking the next steps to evolve the traditional manufacturing engineering role. Our business is driving rapid improvements through line design, cell management, materials management. This role is designed to be the cornerstone of the performance on the production lines. The Production Engineer is the key driver for problem solving and design optimization for existing and new products. Hands on expertise combined with excellent engineering skills are the keys to success in the role and performance in the cell.
- Responsible for designing, developing and implementing cell level operating metrics that enable daily performance tracking, daily management and daily improvement in each of the areas assigned
- Functional testing and analysis of newly developed products to ensure operation and reliability
- Ability to lead cross-functional project teams comprised of R&D, quality engineers, sourcing, purchasing, production planning, and assembly & test technicians
- Planning and managing product quality during transfer to production, including design and process validation
- Calibrate highly complex equipment and see that test records are properly maintained
- Operate electrical and optical test equipment, including meters, scopes, and computer-controlled testing
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair test failures for highly complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- Responsible for nonconforming part disposition (MRB)
- Provide recommendations to R&D/Service Support to improve quality of products and/or procedures
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Develop, evaluate, implement, improve and document manufacturing equipment, tooling and processes
- Work closely with R&D to ensure product design and tooling yield efficient production processes
- Provide technical direction, and training to ensure that production assemblers, testers, inspectors and support staff have necessary skills, appropriate Work Instructions, tooling and process control capability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship.
- Minimum 3+ years of manufacturing experience in low to medium volume manufacturing environment
- Ability to analyze advanced analog and digital circuit designs using state of the art components
- Knowledge of Mass Spectroscopy and/or Gas/Liquid Chromatography a strong plus
- Strong knowledge and application of LEAN concepts and applications
- Strong knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP system a must, product BOM structure creation, modification, routings as well as parts maintenance, i.e. and processing of Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s)
- Experience with the FPGA firmware development process is a plus
- Possess skills to utilize industry standard CAD packages (e.g., Altium, OrCAD, Mentor Graphics)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; requires interaction with managers, supervisors, engineers, and hourly associates in a fast-paced environment
- Certified in Continuous Improvement/DMAIC/Six Sigma processes preferred
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry/utilizing analytical instrumentation a strong plus
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Project organization experience, desired
- Master’s Degree a plus
Both domestic and international travel is required in this role, up to 20%
Women and Minorities are encouraged to Apply
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.