The Production Supervisor applies GSK Values and Expectations into the execution and oversight of daily tasks by engaging positively with the team. They will ensure that team members use a patient and team-first mentality to achieve site and personal goals. They will provide first-line supervision of daily manufacturing operations to a team of Manufacturing Associates, who operate microbial fermentation or cell culture equipment, prepare media and solutions, conduct chromatographic separations, perform filtration & concentration operations, prepare buffers and solutions, and perform related administrative duties. This person is responsible for the execution of training plans as well as longer term development of the associates in technical capability and behaviors and expectations. The supervisor will participate in and sometimes lead investigation and resolution of issues, working with quality assurance and other cross functional teams to do so. Serves as a leader within their department in regards to process and system optimization, maintaining the production schedule, driving continuous improvement, and participating in cross functional collaboration and teamwork.
- Production Supervisors are expected to have the capability to perform production activities alongside Manufacturing Associates, while managing the absences and overall timesheets accordingly.
- Perform duties in a compliant manner, ensure adherence to all Data Integrity principles, and behave in accordance with site SOP’s, GSK EHS standards, and relevant legal requirements, and ensure that their team do the same.
- Assures that the preparation of bulk biopharmaceutical intermediates meets all quality standards for cGMP, GSK and any other applicable regulatory agency through the oversight and rigorous documentation review of their team’s activities.
- Attends daily meetings to dictate, change, or maintain the production schedule, or ensures a delegate does the same
- Supports successful implementation of new products and processes into the facility, including all appropriate equipment and area changeover activities.
- Maintains a high level of competency with current and emerging digital platforms (SAP, EBR, AR/VR, etc)
- Is a developing SME of their area, participating in area tours, supporting local or regulatory inspections, resolving technical issues, and managing self and team deliverables on time.
- Develops Manufacturing Associate work assignments to meet production schedules and to assure that resources are used efficiently and that product delivery targets are met with no accidents or defects. Coordinates with other departments in conjunction with on the floor operations.
- Accountable for routine documentation of Manufacturing Associate development and/or performance management though activities such as assignments and associated technical training programs, to the individual benefit of the associates as well as to meet 9-box, succession plan, and engagement targets
- Collaborates with cross functional teams to deliver safe, high quality results.
- BS/BA or Associates Degree (Technical field or equivalent eg Engineering, Biology, Chemistry) with 5 or more years of directly related experience. Degree in other discipline if sufficient technical depth has been achieved from professional experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of directly related experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry or 5 or more years of equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience in a production area (e.g. cell culture, microbial fermentation, buffer prep, media prep, purification, etc.).
- Clear understanding of the control systems used to run processes in modern large scale Biopharmaceutical plants.
- Strong quality/compliance orientation and track record.
- Ability to communicate internal to a production shift, production department, and to cross functional collegues in accordance with the GSK Values and Expectations.
- Comprehensive understanding of production system principles and their application.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills which emphasise teamwork and a strong quality orientation.
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a diverse team.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong influence and relationship building skills with an emphasis on teamwork.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.