Production Support Biotechnician (2nd Shift: 2:30PM-11PM)
BioLegend’s Production Support Technician will be responsible for clarification and concentration of cell culture harvests; In addition to, other production support related functions such as running SDS and IEF gels, ELISA’s, and mycoplasma assays as needed. Additional duties will include washing dirty containers that are used throughout the process, lab cleanliness, monitoring supply stocks and completing batch records.
The candidate will be a key member in our Manufacturing team and work closely with tissue culture and purification. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing large and small scale cell culture clarification and concentration. The desired candidate must be a team-player who is organized and has strong verbal and written communication skills and is able to work in a very fast paced environment. Great attention to detail is also a skill that will allow the candidate to be successful. The candidate must also be able to multitask, work independently and meet deadlines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Large and small scale cell culture clarification and concentration
- Perform analytical assays such as SDS PAGE gels, IEF gels and other assays as needed
- Follow SOPs, batch records and other compliance related documentation
- Experience working in a regulated environment such as ISO 9001, ISO 13485, QSR or GMP is preferred
- Familiarity with inventory control and/or ERP systems is a plus
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- AA degree with minimum of 2 yrs industry experience.
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with some industry experience.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a laboratory environment with occasional data entry on a computer. Occasional exposure to a warehouse environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.