Professional Services Relocation Project Manager
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Overview: Professional Services Project Manager Opportunity
To lead, manage and provide planning and execution direction in multiple, large-scale Laboratory Relocations, with possible expansion to Computer System Validation and Instrument Qualification Projects, while contributing to process development, improvement, and implementation, as well as new business development support. This position is on-site at our customer in Kenilworth, NJ.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Take the lead role in assessing Enterprise Professional Services Relocation opportunities as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and help coordinate activities from project initiation, planning, execution and successful closure.
- Working on customer site, integrating into the on site PerkinElmer OneSource team, in addition to fully integrating into the customer corporate culture, driving the customer and internal facing teams using established best practices for project management, communications and financial oversight and reporting.
- Manage and drive, with the customer Core Team, the strategy, quality, objectives, planning, and implementation of the projects including definition of the technical requirements, vendor coordination and management, including core and associated project stakeholders.
- Management of internal resources and data via internal customer’s CRM system.
- Work closely with ground coordinators, as well as vendors and other service providers.
- Assurance of project’s compliance aspects based on project’s and business requirements.
- Establishing and management of timelines, milestones, budgets and communication plans.
- Have full financial and operational accountability for each project.
- Establish and chair a regular internal operational team and customer facing operational team of program stakeholders to meet, review, and report on all aspects of project specific action items and provide connection to PKI back office teams.
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication across all stakeholders.
- Monitoring progress of activities and budget against project plan. Determining, and ensuring appropriate action upon critical path tasks.
- Driving decision making, inside and outside of the team.
- Identifying issues and working creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Continuously seeking process improvement and implementation, ensuring quality and compliance throughout the development process.
- Ensuring scope consistency of project throughout the development process.
- Establish an agreed risk management plan.
- Establish and maintain clear communication channels to provide full transparency throughout the project.
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, and key stakeholders.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project and program team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project and program life cycle.
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and stakeholders.
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication.
- Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
- Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline.
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and motivated. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, experience with customer interaction.
- Ability to influence cross functional teams and various levels of professionals.
- Excellent teaming skills; an upbeat, collegial, can-do attitude is a “must have”
- Proven operational strength to visualize, identify and implement processes.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with a strong bias for action.
- Track record of developing, executing, and driving planned initiatives.
- Highly proficient with business software applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management and/or Process Development experience
- PM certification (i.e.: CAPM, PMI, PMP, PRINCE2) required.
- Master’s in Business Management preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business Management
- Must be pliable to adapt and integrate to business parameters according to customer’s corporate culture.
- Relevant experience in relocation activities preferred
- Experience with Maximo CRM system
- Exhibits leadership skills and possesses “a driving, leadership presence”
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.