As a Program Manager you will manage product development projects and lead cross functional teams for a variety of PerkinElmer new product initiatives. You will work with key stakeholders and business owners to build and lead project teams that deliver maximum business value on scope, on schedule and within budget.
- Define roles and responsibilities and recruit staff for development teams.
- Define work breakdown and resource requirements in appropriate detail to communicate expectations and measure progress of team and members.
- Lead the project team to develop a plan and schedule that integrates interdependent activities across functions, global sites and external partners.
- Conduct risk analysis and test assumptions so that team members own and fully support realistic commitments for schedule, scope and budget.
- Communicate the project assumptions, requirements and priorities to ensure that the team adheres to expectations of sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Lead by influence. Build trust and manage team via clear communications, collaborative decision making and timely issue resolution.
- Provide regular project updates to senior leadership including presentation of plans, risks and performance metrics to established targets.
- Strengthen PerkinElmer project management tools, templates, and processes as appropriate and develop/gain support on recommendations for continued project management improvement.
- Participate in opportunistic projects, representing the PMO within the PerkinElmer business as required.
- 5+ years’ experience in analytical, diagnostic or science related industry
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with dynamic priorities and deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required, advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years recent program or project management experience including both traditional and agile development practices
- Experience guiding and working with highly technical staff such as engineers (hardware, software, mechanical, optical), chemists, biologists, clinicians.
- Ability to travel (domestic or international) several times per year
- Excellent communication – written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team building skills
- Advanced knowledge in the MS Office suite of applications and other SW tools for collaboration and project management
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.