The Project Manager is responsible for 4 key measures of project success: client satisfaction, budget, timeline, and risk mitigation. They will oversee the execution of our customer’s projects including but not limited to MEP infrastructure capital and expense work by leading in project planning activities, managing and driving timelines, and keeping a watchful eye on the budget. Demonstrating a firm but fair leadership style, the Project Manager will hold project teams accountable to timelines and commitments, ensuring a seamless, successful implementation.
- Direct interaction with clients to drive approved scope to implementation success
- Become a trusted advisor to our clients, acting as the eyes and ears of the project, demonstrating the ability to think ahead and anticipate the client’s needs to complete projects on time and on budget
- Ensure project is not over designed and be able to control scope to get most of the budget
- Ensure that all relevant parties have a clear vision of project objectives
- Clearly document and distribute all relevant items for the team, i.e., project meeting minutes and scope of design, project schedule summary, etc.
- Regularly monitor project against budget and flags team when project/timeline/budget deviate
- Ensure that any relevant changes in scope items result in revised documents and an updated approval from clients as needed
- Identify and prioritize risks in risk register document, create mitigation strategy documents, proactively and effectively communicate risks in a timely manner, and manage issues
- Regularly monitor client satisfaction levels, consider feedback carefully, and coordinate
- appropriate action to ensure client feels heard, supported, and reassured that the project is on track
- Escalate concerns to the management team, as needed
- Maintain a close overall focus on customer satisfaction, quality of service delivery, and proactive communication
- Create and update project plan
- Lead project meetings and status meetings with both client and project team members with project meeting minutes to keep track of action items along with a record of discussion points to effectively communicate status of projects
- Identify and update project risk registration and create mitigation strategy plan
- Effectively manage to meet performance metric for each critical milestone duration set by management standards
- Review, monitor and manage project budgets including monthly cash flows (Manage vendors to keep on track of cash flows)
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Are PMP Certification or Exam ready
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture or construction and project management field
- 5-7 years of client-facing project management experience
- 1-2 years of construction management in Critical Facilities, MEP infrastructure field overseeing complex capital improvement projects
- Knowledge of, and competency in, project management processes including planning, time management, financial management, quality management, risk management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping
- Proven ability to manage internal and external client expectations related to requirements
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Able to prioritize job requirements and effectively manage multiple projects in tandem
- Demonstrated ability to foster strong relationships with clients and build trust with co-workers and clients
- Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills; Able to communicate to the right audience intentionally and effectively, with appropriate messaging, delivery, and thoughtful timing
- Outstanding organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills
- A highly organized, self-directed business style with strong ability to prioritize
- Flexibility and adaptability with demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong ability in using technology to demonstrate and promote programs
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with project management software (MS Project, Smartsheet or similar solution)
- Ability to lead tasks to successful outcomes
- Talent for removing barriers through influence, persistence, and boldness
- Gift for inspiring others to think positive, be creative, and focus on what’s possible
- Ability to remain steady and pragmatic amid trials, and maintain a sense of calm and humor
- A high level of personal and professional accountability (“100% accountability, zero excuses”)
- A strong desire to succeed
- Stamina to navigate through a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Positive, energetic, and enthusiastic
Facilities Construction Project Management. Leads or coordinates construction projects, such as developing a new facility, the addition, expansion, or extension of an existing facility, or renovation/alterations to a facility in collaboration with project team, construction site and management. Can develop entry level project budgets, make project assignments based on skill sets of contractors & vendors, build entry level project schedules and timetables, and lead project responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel, and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 5 years
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years experience in a supervisory capacity within construction
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.