Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for a Top Performer in Facilities Management to join our team as a Per Diem Regional Facilities Manager (Project Manager) supporting one of our largest client sites – the Chicago Public School system. The Regional Facilities Manager is responsible for the overall asset management, work planning, contract management and ongoing operational and technical facilities/maintenance support of assigned schools (typically 9 -13 locations). The Regional Facilities Manager has responsibility to provide oversight of the proper execution of the District’s CMMS system and provide oversight on capital projects for responsible schools. Regular client (school principals and faculty) interaction is required in order to maintain a positive and proactive relationship with our customers. The position has responsibility for quality outcomes, implementing/communicating action plans, carrying out various client initiatives in a timely manner and managing the effectiveness of site-based engineers and sub-contractors.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have proven excellence in:
- Leadership -Model key leadership behaviors and ensure the highest levels of safety, quality and service excellence for employees, sub-contractors, clients and students. Plan and lead team management meetings. Ensure safety, sanitation and regulation standards in all operations.
- Client Relationship – Establish and maintain effective client and customer rapport for a mutually beneficial business relationship. Identify client needs and communicate operational progress. Deliver and model Sodexo’s customer service as the foundation for delivering excellent customer service.
- Financial Performance – Build revenue and manage budget which includes cost controls with regards to labor, supply, and inventory. Adopt all Sodexo processes and systems, eliminate custom/manual reports. Understand performance metrics, data, order and inventory trends.
- Productivity – Implement and maintain strategic CPS agenda for both labor and total quality management requirements. Ensure consistent application of Sodexo’s operating standards and processes (Operational Excellence). Actively use CMMS to manage and report facilities services and be an advocate for use of handheld devices.
- Innovation – seeking facilities leader who can think creatively, and who is solution oriented.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- 4+ years in facilities management/ property management / integrated facilities management over maintenance, engineering, custodial and housekeeping – from large complex buildings – universities, school districts, large hotels, etc;
- Experience with vendor relations, capital planning and contract management;
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a solid understanding of managing budgets; and
- Connection to the city and cares about Chicago Schools.
- Ability to drive is an essential function for this opportunity.
WHY Sodexo with Chicago Public Schools?
Make an Immediate Impact. This is one of the LARGEST Facilities contracts within the company! Gain experience in a high profile, huge portfolio account where your creativity and innovation will be challenged daily! Tremendous opportunity for professional development and growth. APPLY TODAY!
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities
Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated capital projects. Reviews project proposal, establishes work plan and manages contractors to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
This job is strictly for project work and paid by the hour when work is completed
- Provide technical and/or management support and expertise within the defined scope of the project
- Utilizes company and industry techniques and processes for tracking and status reports for the project.
- Provides routine written and verbal project plan updates to key individuals ( Company and client ) regarding project progress, timelines, issues, recommendations
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 3 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.