The Purchasing Coordinator will work closely with the various customer groups at their assigned site across the Americas region. This customer-facing role will be primarily based on-site and involves the procurement of all material goods including lab/office supplies, OPEX & Oligonucleotides-with direction, and support from the customer teams and identified services & software licenses. This individual will manage the end-to-end procurement process and build connections with the on-site consumables team.
Purchasing Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Support the Procurement Analyst Supervisor in the execution of the procurement strategy for the customer account
- Ensure that all orders are accurately processed and in a timely manner for all assigned customer business groups.
- Closely monitor all invoices and processes within the agreed time frame. This will include invoice discrepancies/credit note processing/process documents/goods receiving and approving/reject/code invoices.
- Resolve any missing PO numbers and follow up on any backorders.
- Use agreed-upon procurement systems to track and process customer orders.
- Responsibility to challenge cost-saving/cost avoidance & obtain bulk quotes to maximize savings, pricing & stock availability.
- Capture cost savings and cost avoidance to align with strategic sourcing and account savings initiatives
- Log any cost-saving/avoidance and report any anomalies. Keep all orders directed to customer-preferred suppliers. Follow customer procedures and ensure users also follow the defined procedures.
- Continuous improvement of the purchasing team ways of working
- Act as the single point of contact for the customer in regards to all purchasing inquiries.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure users/customers are kept informed of the progression & status of their orders.
- Identify opportunities to give time back to science and capture evidence to align with account initiatives
- Align professional working practices to the PerkinElmer Core Values
- Work as a part of the purchasing team, celebrate successes of theirs and the Team’s work
- Comply with all site Health & Safety regulations
- Support training of new team members
- Assist in the completion of work instructions and SOP’s to deliver a standardized level of support
- Provide cross regional support working agile as required
- Provide relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to the PerkinElmer management team on the procurement service provided to the GSK customer groups.
- High school diploma or GED and at least one year of general office or computer experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Knowledge of databases and purchase ordering systems
- Experience using office 365 including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Strong team player
- Self-motivated and work under pressure to balance conflicting deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Continually look to contribute improvement ideas and new initiatives
- Effective communicator and problem solver
- Highly organized
- Ability to listen and understand the customer requirements
- Time management and planning
- Ability to change in a fast-moving environment
- Professional attitude
Reports To: Purchasing Analyst, Supervisor
The employee will regularly require walking, standing, sitting and use of motor skills. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Use of personal protective equipment in the laboratory.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.