Are you looking for an opportunity to manage, lead and implement long to midterm quality management plan for laboratories to ensure the delivery of compliant products to customers? If so, this is the role for you.
As the QC Microbiology Manager, you have the responsibility and accountability for ensuring the overall site microbiology function execution for Product and Raw Material Testing, Environmental Monitoring, Critical Utility sampling and testing, Rapid Microbiology development and implementation and other special projects .
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following
- Oversees, develops and provides leadership to staff
- Accountable for planning and execution of QC testing to ensure delivery of results are on time, accurate and complete
- Ensure operations are continuously improved through the use of operational excellence and performance management to increase productivity and reduce quality risks
- Acts as a site liaison to facilitate the interaction of QC microbiology group with Manufacturing, Validation, Engineering and Facilities.
- Maintains cGMP laboratories in support of manufacturing and facilities
- Provides technical and scientific guidance to laboratory personnel in the Quality Control group
- Assigns work to be done, coordinates, evaluates and reviews the activities of personnel under his/her management
- Reviews and approves laboratory investigations related to testing and facility excursions
- Ensures employees in the Quality Control group continue to grow technically and professionally and encourages their efforts toward excellence and a higher degree of proficiency
- Ensures records and technical data are accurately maintained and results well documented.
- Collaborates and works effectively within Quality Control groups as well as with other departments.
- Represents the Quality Control department and departmental functions on company projects/committee
- Responsible for contributing to and working within budgets for capital and expenses
- Manages projects as needed
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with At least 12+ years of industrial experience in biopharmaceutical industry, such as Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related field, particularly in the area of assessing and maintaining microbiology controls in manufacturing of biological products, along with 5+ years of supervisory and managerial experiences
- Master’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 10 years of experience
- A PHD in a scientific discipline with at least 6 years of experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Analytical and technical skills in a laboratory environment
- Experience in leadership
- People management skills
- Ability to utilize problem solving skills
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.