A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced individual to join GSK as an R&D Operational Technology (OT) Security Engineer. Within this role, you will be responsible for being the subject matter expert (SME) for deployment and maintaining OT security for R&D manufacturing and logistics. The role sits in a growing organisation accountable for manufacturing technologies and cyber security in GSK R&D. This includes all aspects of automation in the clinical supply chain, OT cyber security across R&D and digital innovation and technology development. We are also responsible for external collaborations around the world focussing on i4.0 and digitalisation.
There may be opportunity for the role holder to visit and travel our global locations.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Actively participate in the design, implementation and continued support of OT security standards and associated tools (e.g. access management tool)
- Conducting required risk assessments of OT security
- Input into the design and documentation for Network segmentation for manufacturing and logistic areas (e.g. data flows, firewall rules, vlans and IP addresses etc.)
- Supporting the creation and delivery of training materials as appropriate
- Liaising with SMEs in making automation and logistic OT security decisions
- Actively participate in the design, implementation and continued support of the R&D OT target operating model
- Appropriate risk escalation of any issues and exceptions in accordance to the R&D OT escalation process
Basic Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Education – Degree in related science or technology field
- Proven experience in GXP for the manufacturing or logistics process
- Good understanding of manufacturing and logistics OT configuration and access
- Good understanding of OT applications in architecture and data flows
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, balance priorities and handle multiple tasks through careful planning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate an automation issue or project to the engineering manager or equivalent non-automation person
- Knowledge and experience of cyber security
- Knowledge and experience in key IT areas including: Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP and other OT related IT knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of networks and firewalls including: vlan, IP address ranges and checking firewall rules
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.