Responsible for the receiving, and processing of freight according to company policies and procedures. Ensures the orderly stocking and/or timely receipt of merchandise. Processes inventory paperwork. Updates management on all inventory issues on a regular and as-needed basis.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Checking inbound material from outside vendors and internal shipping points
- Receives, counts, and processes incoming POs using SAP
- Pulling and packing finished goods from the shelves and processing them for shipment.
- Working with Inventory Control personnel to label and store incoming materials.
- Performing Cycle Counts / Area Counts with limited assistance.
- Performing Inventory Control processes with incoming material to label and store incoming materials.
- Put received goods away in stockroom
- Adherence to ISO guidelines and the PerkinElmer quality policy.
- Ability to work later shifts.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- HS Diploma or GED.
- 1 to 2 years of previous experience in receiving, material handling or warehouse/distribution activity.
- Experience with preparing and or interpreting material reports and a basic understanding of materials systems.
- Commitment to customer excellence with demonstrated ethics and integrity.
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP/Oracle)
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Word / Excel)
Physical Requirements & Expectations:
- Lift, carry, push, and pull 50-75 lbs. unassisted
- Frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Comfortable working at elevated heights of over 6 feet.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.