In the role of Regional Sales Director, you will lead your biotech experienced team to meet and consistently exceed goals and objectives for the USP Specialty Business Unit focused on Benlysta sales to support Lupus (SLE) patients by:
- Lead and manage assigned territories to ensure optimal coverage and promotion of products to all targeted customers and potential customers aligned to strategy
- Develop high quality & strategic business plans, implement area business strategies, and monitor performance/execution to meet regional, sector and national objectives
- Meet and/or exceed expectations for field contacts and time in the territory
- Provide high quality training, coaching, and development of new & tenured Biologic Specialty Account Specialists in all phases of their work
- Plan and conduct strategic sales meetings to inform, train, and inspire representatives to deliver the marketing strategy with consistent results
- Recruit, hire, and retain qualified Account Specialists who complete any and all required training, testing, and product certifications within the designated timeframes
- Attend local, regional, sector and national meetings, routinely collaborating with stakeholders and matrix partners to align and collaborate on common goals that yield results
- Embrace and follow GSK policies, practices, risk-based standards and values in support of our customers, patients, fellow employees, and leader expectations
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 8 years pharmaceutical and at least 4 years of biotech specialty sales experience
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which will include overnight travel
- Valid Driver’s License
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters of Business Administration and/or advance clinical/science degree or equivalent
- Combined minimum of 5 years of Pharmaceutical Sales Management, Marketing Management experience, or equivalent Industry Leadership experience
- Specialty market experience / Expertise in account-based and buy and bill sales
- Solid track record of success working in a heavily matrixed environment ensuring success when interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong business analytics and strategic planning skills to identify unique and appropriate territory opportunities
- Excellent track record in developing successful account managers that can win in highly competitive environments
- Ability to provide clear direction for teams with strong oral and written communication, coaching, and presentation skills that build an accountable and results driven culture
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.