ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care. We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic.
We are aware of how much is at stake for those affected by HIV and we show up every day 100% committed to the patients. Our work culture is fast-paced, diverse, inclusive, competitive, and caring. But ViiV isn’t just somewhere to work – it’s a place to belong, an invitation to bring your very best, and a team full of impact-driven team members who are hungry to make a difference.
While we have been improving lives of HIV patients for 30 years, this is an especially exciting time to be at ViiV, as we evaluate novel approaches to treatment and prevention that could further reduce the impact of HIV on individuals and communities.
ViiV Healthcare was created as a joint venture by Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline in November 2009 with both companies transferring their HIV assets to the new company. In 2012 Shionogi joined the company. 76.5% of the company is now owned by GlaxoSmithKline, 13.5% by Pfizer and 10% by Shionogi.
Are you looking for a new challenge in a critical strategic role designed to optimize access to ViiV Healthcare products across a variety of payers (AIDS Drug Assistance Program, Fee for Service Medicaid, Managed Medicaid, Medicare Part D, PBMs and PBAs as well as assigned Commercial Accounts within the region)? In addition to the primary responsibility for access to ViiV Healthcare products within the assigned accounts, you will also be responsible for leading the coordination of key regional stakeholders (both internal and external) to support strategic objectives.
This Regional Sales Manager/Director role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Lead and direct team of Sales Specialists to promote ViiV products to targeted physicians and academic centers to achieve specific sales goals.
- Direct Sales Specialists in the acquisition, expansion, and retention of targeted business within the assigned area.
- Participate in the formulation of regional sales strategies, interpret strategies and apply to issues within the geographic area.
- Work with VP/AVP to establish sales and profit goals for geographic area.
- Achieve or exceed sales goals for area.
- Full Engagement with key accounts (largest accounts in area) by developing and implementing strategies, participating in contract negotiating team and implementing contracts and servicing the account.
- Act as local liaison and collaborator (build consensus on area strategies and tactics) between ViiV Sales Division and other ViiV sectors
- Identify and validate market opportunities and needs and assist with developing plans to launch, test, and refine new product and service offerings.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships (ViiV focal point for customer) with key executives (CEO, CFO) and key decision influencers/makers in all accounts.
- Manage and deploy resources (financial, field staff) to ensure achievement of objectives. Establish and manage area expense budgets; ensure appropriate return on investment.
- Work with Sales Specialists on a consistent basis evaluating and directing sales presentations.
- Attract, develop and retain individuals who will ensure high level of performance.
- Provide adequate training, coaching, follow-up and development of sales representatives in all phases of their work including career development.
- 4 Year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5+ years of Pharmaceutical Sales, Marketing or related experience
- 2+ Years Sales Management or previous Payer related Account Management Experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to travel as necessary (15%)
Highly Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of HIV and related Payer issues
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Proven ability to persuasively communicate across multiple stakeholders
- Self-starter with ability to lead and work independently
- Proven Negotiation Skills
- Experience with Situational Leadership
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Outlook as well as Customer Relationship Management Tools
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.