The job purpose of this role is to provide project planning and execution leadership for multiple, variable scale Laboratory Relocation projects, while contributing in process development, as well as episodic new business development support.
Open locations: Waltham, MA, West Point, PA and Morristown, NJ. Resource must be available for travel
Core Job Duties:
- Take the lead role in assessing relocation opportunities as the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Following the Relocation Practice Playbook, plan, execute and close relocation projects.
- Coordinate new proposal activities, including pricing and bid submission.
- Manage and drive, with the customer Core Team, planning and implementation of the projects including definition of the technical requirements.
- Lead customer asset inventories (instrument tagging) and project initiation data capture.
- Oversee data QA
- Work closely with inventory/ground coordinators and transportation resources, with daily meetings to ensure activity plans are in place.
- Assurance of project’s compliance aspects based on project’s and business requirements. Setting timelines, milestones and budgets.
- Project financial and operational accountability.
- Track time in OpenAir. Review hours being charged to the project.
- Ensure invoicing requirements are in place and being executed.
- Establish and lead the internal operational team and customer facing operational team of program stakeholders to meet, review, and report on all aspects of project specific action items and provide crisp connection to PKI back office teams and to take the lead role in assessing relocation opportunities as the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Monitoring progress of activities and budget against project plan.
- Driving decision making, inside and outside of the team.
- Identifying and ensuring resolution of conflicts and problems.
- Continuously seeking process improvement. Ensuring quality and compliance throughout the development process.
- Ensuring scope consistency of project throughout the process. Execute change of scope requests as required.
- Establishing risk management plan.
- Establish and maintain clear communication channels to provide full transparency throughout the project.
- Participate in standard internal reporting forums, escalating project issues, project updates, accomplishments, risks, next steps.
- As part of project close, review the staff LOE in the proposals compared to the actuals.
- Identify opportunities for process and quality improvements.
- High expectation to participate in sharing of lessons learned and best practices for all project implementation activities.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business Management; Master’s in Business Management preferred. (PMI Certification recommended).
- PM certification (CAPM, PMI, PMP, PRINCE2) recommended.
- Mandatory after 1 year in position.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in business environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, word, power point and Project.
- Ability to work from home.
- Travel as required, likely 25% – 30%.
Additional Qualification, Skill and Experience Required:
- Successful candidate must possess “a leadership presence” at all times, but most especially, during remote/conference call meetings.
- Project Management or Process Development experience.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and motivated. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, experience with customer interaction.
- Relevant experience in relocation activities preferred.
- Ability to influence cross functional teams and various levels of professionals.
- Excellent teaming skills; an upbeat, collegial, can-do attitude is a “must have”
- Proven operational strength to visualize, identify and implement processes.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with a strong bias for action.
- Track record of developing, executing, and driving planned initiatives.
- Field based
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.