Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design, develop and execute assays for 10+ color flow cytometry and cellular function
- Independently analyze flow cytometry data using FlowJo and/or FCS express, prepare reports
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is desired
- Experience with immunofluorescence or other fluorescent imaging techniques such as live cell imaging is desired
- Experience working with human samples as well as handling animals such as mice and rat is desired
- Ensure completion of entries into related databases as required per company policy
- Ability to plan and track multiple projects simultaneously and pro-actively complete assigned tasks
- Perform other duties as needed
- Promote a safe and compliant work environment
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1-2 years’ experience
- Basic understanding of working in a BSL-2 level laboratory
- Experience with flow cytometry and/or microscopy is required
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-3 years of experience or Master’s Degree with <1 year of Flow cytometry experience
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture
- Experience with microscopy and immunofluorescence
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.