Research Associate - Product Development (ELISpot/ELISA)
We are seeking an individual who is interested in developing and commercializing ELISpot/ELISA/immunoassays for relevant targets that fit with the strategic objectives and focus for the business. The ideal candidate will be a member in the product development team to complete ELISpot/ELISA new product development, including transfer of product to QC, Manufacturing, and Sales and Marketing departments in a timely manner. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are needed, along with self-motivation and a drive for success. He or she will be able to manage the assigned function and tasks in a timely manner with independence after appropriate training. This position is a great opportunity for gaining working experiences in growing business in a fast-pace biotech industrial environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Under guidance of senior personnel, design and conduct research and experiments in feasibility, optimization, and validation for ELISpot/ELISA product development.
- Support ELISpot/ELISA assay troubleshooting, root cause analysis, process improvement.
- Complete all documentation, including Standard Operating Procedures, DMRs, project records, and product instructions, required for new product launch.
- Provide data driven updates and collaborate with ELISpot/ELISA Manufacturing and QC teams throughout the product development process.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
- Conduct project-related information searches and literature searches.
- Operate lab instruments according to procedures. Prepare reagents as required
- Contribute to scientific discussions and collaborations and present results.
- Apply knowledge of scientific principles and concepts to the design, development, and execution of experiments.
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- BS or MS in Biological Sciences (e.g. biology, biotechnology, immunology, cell biology, biochemistry), or related field.
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Working knowledge of immunoassay methods used for protein analysis such as biomarkers, with hands-on experience in immunoassay development and optimization or other functional assays preferred.
- Working experience in a manufacturing or product development setting in compliance with ISO9001/ISO14835 standards would be a plus.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Enthusiasm, attention to detail, the ability to meet aggressive deadlines, and ability to work effectively with others in a fast paced, highly-productive environment.
- Excellent cross-functional team participation skills.
- Results and goals oriented.
- Commitment to quality.
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.