Scientist in antibody development is able to
Work independently on assignments but not limited to antibody development Perform various immunoassays for antibody characterization Design and formulate antigens for immunization, purification and screening of antibodies Supervise Research Associate(s) and demonstrate a leadership in his/her job Coordinate with project leaders from other departments to streamline development process and to meet the required specifications Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in antibody development activities in BioLegend with a focus on polyclonal antibodies
- Actively participate in data collection, analysis, discussion, and presentation
- Good communication skills to coordinate document transfer among departments
- Work independently on assignments but not limited to antibody development
- Perform various immunoassays for antibody characterization
- Design and formulate antigens for immunization, purification and screening of antibodies
- Supervise research associates to perform assigned duties
- Demonstrate leadership in his/her job Coordinate with project leaders from other departments to streamline the development process and meet the required specifications
- Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Other projects or responsibilities may be required
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- B.S. with generally more than 8 yrs of relevant experience
- M.S. with generally more than 6 yrs of relevant working experience
- Ph.D. with generally 0 – 3 years of relevant working experience
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Research background in Immunology and cell biology
- Demonstrate a work experience in antibody development
- Have an in-depth understanding of antigen design, antibody development and familiar with antibody characterization
- Demonstrate success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others, and independent thought
- Supervisory experience is preferred
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.