Research Specialist, Protein Biochemistry
- Deliver high quality research support in a variety of lab functions.
- Activities may include, but are not limited to: automation support, cell culture, assay support, high-throughput expression screens, molecular biology assays, protein purification.
- Other activities may include sample preparation and/ or buffer preps (including GxP), QC/QA protocols and analyses.
- Individual may be required to perform lab/ equipment user-level maintenance, troubleshooting, general laboratory prep work, and scheduled equipment quality checks. (including GxP).
- Perform multiple experimental assays and maintain relevant lab samples and materials.
- Write, maintain and troubleshoot experimental protocols.
- Analyze, synthesize and communicate data to both technical and non-technical colleagues and collaborators.
- Strong desire to learn and is able to work at a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, especially adherence to laboratory notebook practices.
- BS or MS in Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry
- Hands-on experience with a variety of biology and biochemistry lab techniques including FPLC, Western blotting and LC-MS.
- Hands-on experience with automation instrumentation. Working familiarity with high-throughput platforms (Tecan) and workflows is a plus.
- Must be able to remains in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- The person in this position needs to regularly move inside and outside labs
- Regularly move or lift up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Regularly operate a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.