Work requests for media preparation are directed by protocols provided by partnering Scientists. The following tasks are routinely required:
- Perform weekly checks on balances (mix of top loader, analytical, and micro balances) in UP09
- Perform daily checks on pH meters in UP09
- Preparation of recipe based media, including dissolution, mobile phases, and diluents in accordance with protocols/instructions uploaded into Labware
- Data review required; data review is performed by the requestor
- Weekly inventory of chemicals stored within the lab, reordering chemicals as needed through LC’s
- Dispose of expired solutions (as designated by partnering scientists via placards) and rinse before sending for washing.
- Review and approval of lab records for the pH meter and balance checks performed by VWR Lab Support Specialists in UP09.
- Top-up and empty mobile phases from designated HPLCs
- HPLC system set-up at request
- Mobile phase, column, system equilibration
- Test mix injections; compare chromatograms and evaluate system suitability
- Initial trouble-shooting of HPLC systems (i.e. leaks, lamp change and similar) and submit support requests for repair/service • Describe the nature of an issue efficiently in form of a technical report
- Water sampling and testing for microbiology
- Collection of water samples from UP09 (currently pilot plant)
- Testing of samples from buildings UP08, UP09 and UP11. Testing includes filtration and incubation of samples. Reading of samples will be performed by partnering staff by first intent.
- Training for the execution and review/approval of activities will be provided.
- Collect service metrics where applicable.
- Follow all customer safety protocols and operating requirements as defined and provided by the customer
- Perform routine lab maintenance & organization
- College degree in Biology or other scientific discipline
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years working in a laboratory environment preferred
- Must be familiar with MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoin
- Experience with HPLC,, Purification, Analytical Science
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.