We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to provide critical lab research support at a customer site in Upper Providence, PA. Depending on experience level, he/she may be involved in running specific assays as well as performing cell culture activities and/or molecular biology protocols. He or she should have a solid background in Biology and/or Chemistry as well as great attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, the ability to cross-train and, be able to work independently.
- Deliver high quality research support in a variety of functions
- Activities may include but are not limited to: media prep, automation support, cell culture, assay support, high-throughput expression, molecular biology (virus titration, PCR, plasmid purification), Next Gen Sequencing, DNA/RNA extraction, DNA sequencing, and protein purification.
- Other activities may include sample preparation and/or buffer preps (including GxP).
- Individual may be required to perform lab/equipment user-level maintenance, general lab prep work, and scheduled equipment quality checks (including GxP).
- Perform multiple experimental assays and maintain relevant lab samples and materials
- Write, maintain, and troubleshoot experimental protocols
- Analyze, synthesize, and communicate data to both technical and non-technical colleagues and collaborators
- College degree in Biology or other scientific discipline
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years working in a laboratory environment preferred
- Demonstrated technical skills required
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Demonstrates appropriate use of relevant equipment after training
- Must be familiar with MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint Physical Demands
The overall physical exertion of this position requires:
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.