** Please note*** All the openings are ON SITE. At this time, hybrid or remote options are NOT available.
Who are We? PerkinElmer’s quest to improve life is in our DNA! More than 80 years ago, Richard Perkin, one of our founders, was an astronomer at heart with a goal to help improve how people see the universe. Today, his goal became a reality, and YOU can be part of our team!
Watch this video to learn more about us: https://bit.ly/pkiaboutusvideo
Our positions are now available for these Research – Scientific skillset:
- Research Specialist – Cell Culture, Synthetic Lethality – Cambridge, MA OR Upper Providence, PA
- Senior Research Specialist – Cell Culture – Cambridge, MA
- Research Specialist – Cell Biology – Upper Providence, PA
- Research Specialist – Next Generation Sequencing – Upper Providence, PA
- Research Specialist – Mass Spectrometry – Upper Providence, MA
- Research Scientist – Genomics – Upper Providence, PA
- Technical/General Lab Support Specialist – Cambridge, MA
- Chemical Management Specialist – Rockville, MD
- Analytical Chemistry Specialist – Upper Providence, PA
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- 401k with up to 5% match!
- Tuition Assistance – $7,500 match per year
- Medical Dental, Vision, Prescription Insurances
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off ( including 10 holidays, vacation, sick & covid time)
- Stock Plan Option with discounted purchase rate opportunity
- Adoption Assistance
- Community service / Impact Day and much more!
Physical Demands for Research roles:
- The overall physical exertion of this position requires:
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environment requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employees may be required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspects of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.