SodexoMAGIC at Toyota’s Headquarters is seeking an exceptional Resident District Manager (RDM) to lead our team. The Resident District Manager who is an experienced leader with proven ability to drive operational excellence, financial performance, client relationships and innovation. The RDM will oversee 2 main cafes, 2 satellite cafes, 3 micro markets, executive dining, and catering. This account will have both high volume and high-end catering. This position will directly manage 8 salaried managers and oversee 110 frontline employees and report to the Vice President of Operations. The RDM will have total financial accountability and will serve as our primary liaison with the client. This position requires strategic leadership, financial acumen, talent management, communication and project management skills.
Is this opportunity right for you?
We are looking for candidates who:
- Strategic in thought and action
- Has strong experience leading food operations in a complex, high volume operation, with strong P&L experience
- Has exceptional communication, presentation and client relations skills with the ability to address all audiences
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage the food operations while supporting the strategic initiatives of Disney
- Well versed in culinary functions, food and labor cost control, food safety and sanitation
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building
- Technically competent in unit financial management, pricing, and menu development
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with clients, liaisons, customers, employees, and vendors
- Promotes innovation and continual improvement
- Strong time management skills and will be able to juggle multiple priorities
- Experience managing union employees is preferred
A valid driver’s license is required for this position.
Functions as the central point of contact for one complex account with multiple locations, and possibly multiple contracts. Oversees performance of unit management including budget development, client relations, sales and profitability performance, conformance with company policies and procedures and staff training and development. Liaison between company resources and unit operating managers.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 5 years
Basic Functional Experience – 5 years
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.