SodexoMAGIC at Disneyland Resort Cast Dining in Anaheim, California is currently seeking a Resident District Manager who is an experienced leader with proven ability to drive operational excellence, financial performance, client relationships and innovation. The unit is high-volume, fast-paced retail cafes with national brands and Sodexo in-house brands and a commissary kitchen servicing Disneyland cast members open 24/7 and 365 days a year. This position will report to the Vice President of Operations and will be responsible for managing the Disney Cast Member dining. It requires strategic leadership, financial acumen, talent management, communication and project management skills.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Strategic in thought and action
- Has strong experience leading food operations in a complex, high volume operation, with strong P&L experience
- Has exceptional communication, presentation and client relations skills with the ability to address all audiences
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage the food operations while supporting the strategic initiatives of Disney
- Well versed in culinary functions, food and labor cost control, food safety and sanitation
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building
- Technically competent in unit financial management, pricing, and menu development
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with clients, liaisons, customers, employees, and vendors
- Promotes innovation and continual improvement
- Strong time management skills and will be able to juggle multiple priorities
- Experience managing union employees is preferred
Functions as the central point of contact for one complex account with multiple locations, and possibly multiple contracts. Oversees performance of unit management including budget development, client relations, sales and profitability performance, conformance with company policies and procedures and staff training and development. Liaison between company resources and unit operating managers.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 5 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.